User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Member in Central Texas

Hi Everyone - New member based in the Austin, TX area (Round Rock to be specific). Still in the process of researching options, heard and reading great things about the GD brand, convinced this will be the one we go with.

Family of 4 (2 young boys) so looking like one of the bunkhouse travel trailers are in my future.....so far like the 2800BH or 2400BH. No tow vehicle yet, trailer decision will influence that I am sure.

Any help and advice on local dealers/reps I should be working with, recent prices paid etc. will be really appreciated. I'm OK to drive out to Houston/Dallas area if necessary and the deal is right.

Thank you!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve bought two from Crestview Buda. Royce in sales. We actually really liked Amber at Explore USA in Boerne but at the time couldn’t get pricing right. I gave this same info to a friend and they got a better deal from her. Tell her Charlie referred her and she’ll try her best. They recently moved to a new location there.
    Good luck. Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Hey another Texacan. My daughter says that's not a word but I remind her that she is a yankee buckeye, in other words a nut!

Very good choices for you and the family. We have had two GD RVs a 2017 Imagine 2950RL and now a 2019 Solitude 3350RL. Love them both. No serious problems with either of them. We did the Austin RV show a couple years and the Houston show before first purchase and later researched a year and a half before the Solitude purchase. Both times we purchased at Crestview RV in Buda. Same salesman for both Michael Pajaro. Crestview Sales great - Service sucks which is normal for most RV dealerships. RV Service you can research information as well. We bought the Solitude 3350RL at last years February RV show at the Austin Convention Center, got about 35% off the MSRP and a decent trade in for the Imagine. The Imagine was a great unit but we are going fulltime RV living next year.

As for tow vehicle - well - you will find all kinds of discussion on this topic. I will just say get to know GVWR, Payload, Max Tow, GAWR and Realistic Tongue Weight and a good hitch. And if you have even the slightest idea that you will eventually upgrade to a bigger/heavier RV, get a bigger tow vehicle now to start with. There is nothing more depressing than falling in love a big 5th wheel later and realizing that tow vehicle you just bought 2-3 years ago isn't big enough.

We were informed to start with. Had a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 that had been paid for years ago and it matched well with the Imagine 2950RL (which is now the 2970RL)(a heavy trailer firmly in 3/4 ton territory). We bought an Equalizer 1200 hitch at Crestview for the Imagine and it served well.
    Stepped up to the Solitude and now you see our tow vehicle in signature line. We upgraded tow vehicles once.

Good Luck. This forum is outstanding for experience with GD RVs. And mostly unbiased opinions. LOL but when it comes to trucks GM, Ford, Ram, it can get a little ------ exciting?
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just arrived at Lone Star off of I-35 for a couple of months. I don't know the local dealers very well so can't help you there, but welcome to the GD family.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are new forum members and just purchased a 2020 GD 337RLS from Crestview in Buda. Dealt with Bubba there and am happy with the deal we got. He beat the other dealer we shopped by $4k.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    We just arrived at Lone Star off of I-35 for a couple of months. I don't know the local dealers very well so can't help you there, but welcome to the GD family.
    Dallas are you staying at the Lone Star RV place that is on highway 21? If so it’s a pretty good place. Lake is pretty nice. Weekend getaway for us as we live close. The owner of that RV park is good friends with the owner of Crestview RV in Buda.

If your so inclined the big Veterans Day car show is next weekend in downtown Bastrop. Search for Bastrop Area Cruisers car club for information. Lots to do in this area.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Dallas are you staying at the Lone Star RV place that is on highway 21?
    If your so inclined the big Veterans Day car show is next weekend in downtown Bastrop. Search for Bastrop Area Cruisers car club for information. Lots to do in this area.
    No we are in the older one off I-35 just south of William Cannon Rd. it's "ok", but we are here because of the location. DW has the urge to take a part time job doing holiday help in the capital building.

Thanks for the heads up on the car show, but we have grandkids and my mom down in Houston and will be doing weekends down there.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. While I know you are not really interested in a 5er, I highly recommend the 31MB. The separate bunk room is very spacious, has two access doors, lots of storage, a desk top and TV connection. My granddaughter fell in love with it and her brother will be going with us this coming summer. Whatever you buy, enjoy!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser