User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    They should have been free. 5yr warrantee. Parts but no labor.
    Sure, they will replace the Part, but it will cost almost a grand to have them installed!!!! Ever tried to get one of those things off? Takes a while...And they will not warranty a part that is not installed by one of there places. I just prefer to do work myself.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    Sure, they will replace the Part, but it will cost almost a grand to have them installed!!!! Ever tried to get one of those things off? Takes a while...And they will not warranty a part that is not installed by one of there places. I just prefer to do work myself.
    I realize that but you said you installed yourself. They should have sent them to you free.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    I realize that but you said you installed yourself. They should have sent them to you free.
    Nope. They will not send a part under warranty that is not going to be installed by a dealer. AND they will only ship parts to Dealers...Even not warrantied parts are only sent to dealers. And they have to order them.
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, then things have changed. I got a set a little over a 1-1/2 years ago. Sent to me free. Sad, I guess all good things must come to an end.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve never had a problem getting parts from GD. I try to do my own repairs if it’s in my skill level. In August 2019 GD sent me a new decal, as always I show proof of defective part. They did want to know who was installing the decal which I can understand for warranty purposes. To pay our dealer $190 per hour for labor charge and the time waiting I’ll just leave a decal off. If this is the new policy of getting parts, only thru a dealer there goes a big part of great customer service. All my parts are warranty items. This is just my opinion.
    Last edited by 242 checkmate; 11-07-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    I’ve never had a problem getting parts from GD. I try to do my own repairs if it’s in my skill level. In August 2019 GD sent me a new decal, as always I show proof of defective part. They did want to know who was installing the decal which I can understand for warranty purposes. To pay our dealer $190 per hour for labor charge and the time waiting I’ll just leave a decal off. If this is the new policy of getting parts, only thru a dealer there goes a big part of great customer service. All my parts are warranty items. This is just my opinion.
    I called GD, and this what I was told. I even had the part numbers. "Have to order thru an authorized dealer" Now, maybe I was getting BS, but who knows...
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you know GD sold out to Winnebago, right?
    Winnebago is taking off after it announced it has agreed to purchase towable RV-maker and competitor Grand Design Recreational Vehicle Co. for $500 million in a stock and cash deal.
    When have you EVER seen BETTER customer service after a small company is bought by a Conglomerate?
    Last edited by phonemannn; 11-07-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    2017 GD 311BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree! The new design looks cheap. Glad I have a 2019. (except for the new addition of auto leveling- good upgrade there GD)
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love the new colors, graphics and interior colors. We skipped over a few 2019's in October so we could see the new design in person. We're really happy with the changes GD made and this model sold us. The pebble interior is awesome and goes along with the gray in the exterior graphics.

Chris

2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Chevrolet 2500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    And you know GD sold out to Winnebago, right?
    Winnebago is taking off after it announced it has agreed to purchase towable RV-maker and competitor Grand Design Recreational Vehicle Co. for $500 million in a stock and cash deal.
    When have you EVER seen BETTER customer service after a small company is bought by a Conglomerate?
    Quote Originally Posted by RVing in Michigan View Post
    I agree! The new design looks cheap. Glad I have a 2019. (except for the new addition of auto leveling- good upgrade there GD)
    I am not a fan of the newer units look, fit, or finish. It is not grand design in my eyes.
    My '15 unit has been stellar. Living up to the GD reputation and hype.
    I dont believe I can say so much for the grand winnebago's.

However, they probably still have the market cornered. Because if the grand winnebago's are what they are, imagine the rest..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast