Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chucking

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    snip

Also, I found it interesting that the 2020 Solitudes have a Morryde pin box and CRE3000 equalizers - at least the 390rk on display at the rally last month did.
    I noticed that too at the Oct Texas GD Rally, some did have the MorRyde, but the 3350RL S Class did not. I forgot to notice the year but I thought they were all 2020. A thought crossed my mind that they may have it on the full Solitude or Momentum line but not on the S class Solitudes. Don't know if true. Maybe a trade up gimmick?
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Grand Design Website now shows the Solitude and Momentum M Class comes with MorRyde pin box and CRE3000 equalizers. The Solitude S class is coming with CRE3000 equalizers and I don't see either one for Momentum G Class.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the Reese Titan R20 hitch and have ZERO chucking, bucking, noise issues. Tolerances are very tight and the entire hitch has rubber bushings. Breaks down to 3 easy lift pieces to remove from truck bed. I did post a review of it here somewhere.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of the RV show a couple a weeks ago, the Solitude and Momentum get the pin box, but not the Momentum M-Class. It will be a pleasant surprise if they add it though.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our previous SOB fifth wheel chucked a LOT, especially on concrete highways with expansion joints. The nose of the RV looked "bow heavy" in relation to the back of the F250 tow vehicle. A fellow camper suggested air bags for the truck so we had them installed and aired them up to the max and what a difference! It seems they leveled out the truck vs. the trailer and it made a world of difference in the chucking department. I'm not sure whether it matters, but our hitch was a Companion slider (short bed truck)and the RV's pin box was the standard one that came on the RV. YMMV. Good luck. Phil

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We pulled over 12,000 miles with an Andersen (and it's "Andersen" with an "e") and now almost 30,000 miles with a PullRite OE 18K conventional hitch and I disagree with Bruce. The sound of chucking is because of play in the hitch. The feel of chucking (call it "bucking" if you like) is due to differences in the velocity between the truck and trailer as the rig moves over uneven road surfaces. We installed a Demco GlideRide pin box to deal with this issue when we used the Andersen hitch (yes - it cured the problem) and continue to use the same pin box with the PullRite hitch. It tows very smoothly and quietly. As far as brands of pin boxes go, I would probably get a MOR/ryde pin box now rather than the Demco, but the Demco has worked very well for us with both hitches.

Rob
    Rob
    Did your MORryde Independent Suspension System on your Reflection help with the chucking or is it just hitch related?

Thanks, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Rob
    Did your MORryde Independent Suspension System on your Reflection help with the chucking or is it just hitch related?

Thanks, KEN
    The IS probably smoothed things out a bit, but the biggest difference it makes is in the ride and tracking of the trailer. Chucking is not hitch-related, either. It's a function of inertial forces. The noise may be hitch related. An air-ride hitch or dampened pin box fixes most all of it (we use a Demco Glide Ride pin box).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12