Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2670Mk Refrigerator Vent Exterior Leak

The attached photo shows a brown streak where there is a leak at the lower refrigerator vent. I recently re-caulked the exterior trim around the refrigerator vents at the rear of the camper, as well as cleaned and re-caulked the inside screws at the base. In October, we experienced a solid week of rain, but no external staining occured. When I checked it recently, the stain streak was back. I didn't see any indication that it was running down inside the wall from the vent above, and the roof seam is intact. The inside of the camper is dry. The caulking looks good. I am stumped.

The tail light needs the caulking replaced, so that part of the problem should be easy to solve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211203_170516.jpg  
    2018 2670MK
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71
    Blue Ox hitch

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a condensation hose that peeks out of one of the lower vent louvers on mine. Meant to channel away condensation from inside the fridge. From the looks of it, yours is inside the cover, and then its discharge is leaking out of the joint. Pop the cover and check. Having the hose come out will not stop the dribble - that is a factor of environment and the fridge (every fridge has one - RV and home, but home ones go to a heated pan to evaporate the water). But you can point it away from the tail light, and avoid pooling/water damage inside the cover area.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This question is a bit of a tangent off the thread's topic. In 2670MK, since the refer isn't in a slide-out, why is the upper refer vent wall mounted instead of roof mounted?
    PapaD & GrandAnna
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2021 Silverado 2500 LTZ, 6.6 Duramax, Allison 10

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDinMB View Post
    This question is a bit of a tangent off the thread's topic. In 2670MK, since the refer isn't in a slide-out, why is the upper refer vent wall mounted instead of roof mounted?
    Only the Grand Design engineers know the answer to this one. I've wondered it myself!
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, remove the cover and reposition the tube between almost any two louvers and make sure it pointed downward and to the far left of the light fixture.
    In this position the drain should not reach the light fixture.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    Correct, remove the cover and reposition the tube between almost any two louvers and make sure it pointed downward and to the far left of the light fixture.
    In this position the drain should not reach the light fixture.
    Also, on my 2670MK, the inside of the lower vent/cover has a plastic tab on it, for the purpose of sticking the end of the refer drain hose onto, to hold it in position.
    Just need to make sure the hose length or routing doesn't create any dips or low points that would prevent easy gravity drainage.
    PapaD & GrandAnna
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2021 Silverado 2500 LTZ, 6.6 Duramax, Allison 10

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RicknBobbie How well does your Silverado 1500 pull your 2670mk ant sway problems ?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    RicknBobbie How well does your Silverado 1500 pull your 2670mk ant sway problems ?
    Since I upgraded the rig, and started keeping more weight in the pass thru, it tows just fine with very little sway--excepting occasional truck suck and a strong cross wind gust.

The camper was 11 months old when I bought it, with one 1500 mile trip on it. The Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch came as part of the deal. Our first long trip was from Florida to Gettysburg PA, I fought sway the whole way (my hands hurt for a week after we got home.) On our return trip, the springs started to flatten out leaving some rub marks against the underside.

I contacted GD about the problem, and they put in a referral to Dexter, but since I was not the original owner, there was no warranty. Dexter offered me a new set of 2200# springs (OEM spec,) or 2400# springs, either one for about 1/2 of the retail price. I upgraded to heavier springs, also upgraded to heavy duty shackles with wet bolts, a Dexter EZFlex equalizer (not enough clearance for the Moryde), and Sumo Springs on the trailer. Later I replaced the truck's bump stops with Sumo Springs. We also replaced the china bombs with Goodyear Endurance tires.

These upgrades made a huge difference--the only sway I get is from a heavy cross wind, or truck suck from a box truck/van configuration.

The WDH spring bars that came with the camper were 750-1000 pound rated; my tongue weight came in right at 1000#s, at the top end of the range and 40#s over maximum recommended. I upgraded to 1000-1500 pound rated bars, and my tongue weight dropped to 920#s, and the rig tows like a 25' boat.

Regards
    2018 2670MK
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71
    Blue Ox hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input