User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ram or Ford

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a 2018 Ram 2500 CTD and have had nothing but troubles with it. We had an issue with it on every single trip that we've taken in the past 2 years. It has just over 20,000 miles on it, 10,000 of which were while towing. I bought the Ram because i read so many good things about the Cummings diesel engine. Well, the engine has been flawless, but the same can't be said about the rest of the truck. This truck has been in the repair shop more that all of my other pickup trucks (92 Dakota, 2000 F150 and 2006 Tundra) combined! If I were you, I'd buy the Ford. As for me, I'm considering trading it in and buying a GMC or Chevy Duramax 2500 or 3500. I wish you the best of luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjlebsa View Post
    Thanks for the inputs. I placed an order today for a 2022 Ram 3500 STR Laramie. Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3500 SRW is what I meant [emoji2361]

Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most experienced RV trailer and farm trailer hauler I know, left Dodge after 20+ years because the ride of the 2019 F-250 was way better than his Dodge. My brother and I agree, he got a 2021 and I ordered a 2022.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    The most experienced RV trailer and farm trailer hauler I know, left Dodge after 20+ years because the ride of the 2019 F-250 was way better than his Dodge. My brother and I agree, he got a 2021 and I ordered a 2022.
    I finally found a 3500 and test drove it and it rode fantastic to me. Trading in my F-450 for the 3500 is easy because my F450 just beats me unless I have a heavy load on it.

2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been driving Ford trucks for over 40 years... I look at GMC & Ram when shopping, but always end up with a new Ford! F450 Platinum on order to replace my 2013 F350.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you'll be happy with your decision. We ended up with the F350 ONLY because we were going 5er. I believe we would have gone the same way if we had TT.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've owned a 2008 F250 KR, a 2013 F250 KR, and currently a 2017 F250 KR. Drove for a marina/dealership company on Cape Cod last year, hauling 25' - 60' vessels, mostly pulling the hydro trailers with one of the Ford members of their fleet (F350, F450, F650). All hauls without issue. They purchased a Dodge Ram 5500, and that damn truck spent more time in the shop than all of the other vehicles combined.

Next phase, I followed the service manager over to the local Dodge, Ram, Jeep, Chrysler dealership as a service advisor. What a confidence builder in the vehicles I have owned and currently drive hauling my GD Momentum across this country three times in the past four years I received working there.

Witnessing the issues the Jeep and Dodge owners came in to have repaired, sometimes 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x+ would blow your mind. Same problems happening over and over with the same vehicle. (Navigation / stereo Info screens just blacking out without warning. DEF system issues with the 2500 and 3500 series on private contractors, and having to tell them they can't leave their trucks idleing, because the same problems are going to keep happening. Fancy dash pieces coming unattached and rolling up on the edges because of the sun and heat on the dash, navigation screen edges looking as though there was water in the screen, wireless ignition modules failing...without warning, leaving trucks stranded with a no start condition, having to be towed in and wait for the replacement part 2-3 days later, customers starting their Ram trucks, only to have them idle at 2500+ without being moved, and unable to prevent the truck from doing this without restarting the truck 2-3 times). Dodge Techs, owners, and salesman were all in total disbelief when I informed them I could manually do a force DPF regen of my F250 with the touch of a few buttons on my steering wheel, whenever I wanted. One of the customers who couldn't believe I had this ability, walked out to my truck as I showed him the process. He then took his 2 year old 3500 straight to a Ford dealer off Cape and ordered his next replacement truck, as he had been into the shop twice in a matter of a month for the same issue Regen Issue caused by idling at job sites.

So I can comfortably say, if I won a free Ram truck, I would take it straight to either a Ford or General Motors dealership to trade for something I hadn't spent months witnessing and shaking my head at in total disbelief during my time at a Ram dealership.

Somme of the jokes were...Dodge Ram, number one in initial quality surveys!! (But what about 6 months, ten months, a year later.....a majority of those customers were pissed.
    And if Dodge has to utilize the expertise of Cummins to build the power plant, that should tell you not to expect much of the rest of the truck, when Dodge can't even build a reliable engine themselves.

I placed my next new truck order last week, with only $100 down, and fully refundable (they hope I don't take delivery, as the local Ford dealership knows they won't have any problem selling my special order F250 SD KR to another customer). Why does Ram demand a non-refundable deposit? Do they know the risk is high the customer may wander off to a more reliable brand?

Yeah, I would stay as far away from a Dodge, Jeep, Ram product as possible, seeing what I did and hearing what I did.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 2018 SRW Cummins/Aisin Laramie. It's a great truck. Great powertrain, which when it comes down to it is what you are looking for. Last Ford I had was a 2004 6.0 PowerStroke. Can't really give you a good comparison because the 6.0 power stroke was a horrible engine. Was broken down every two weeks.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanibel Beemer Fun View Post
    I've owned a 2008 F250 KR, a 2013 F250 KR, and currently a 2017 F250 KR. Drove for a marina/dealership company on Cape Cod last year, hauling 25' - 60' vessels, mostly pulling the hydro trailers with one of the Ford members of their fleet (F350, F450, F650). All hauls without issue. They purchased a Dodge Ram 5500, and that damn truck spent more time in the shop than all of the other vehicles combined.

Next phase, I followed the service manager over to the local Dodge, Ram, Jeep, Chrysler dealership as a service advisor. What a confidence builder in the vehicles I have owned and currently drive hauling my GD Momentum across this country three times in the past four years I received working there.

Witnessing the issues the Jeep and Dodge owners came in to have repaired, sometimes 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x+ would blow your mind. Same problems happening over and over with the same vehicle. (Navigation / stereo Info screens just blacking out without warning. DEF system issues with the 2500 and 3500 series on private contractors, and having to tell them they can't leave their trucks idleing, because the same problems are going to keep happening. Fancy dash pieces coming unattached and rolling up on the edges because of the sun and heat on the dash, navigation screen edges looking as though there was water in the screen, wireless ignition modules failing...without warning, leaving trucks stranded with a no start condition, having to be towed in and wait for the replacement part 2-3 days later, customers starting their Ram trucks, only to have them idle at 2500+ without being moved, and unable to prevent the truck from doing this without restarting the truck 2-3 times). Dodge Techs, owners, and salesman were all in total disbelief when I informed them I could manually do a force DPF regen of my F250 with the touch of a few buttons on my steering wheel, whenever I wanted. One of the customers who couldn't believe I had this ability, walked out to my truck as I showed him the process. He then took his 2 year old 3500 straight to a Ford dealer off Cape and ordered his next replacement truck, as he had been into the shop twice in a matter of a month for the same issue Regen Issue caused by idling at job sites.

So I can comfortably say, if I won a free Ram truck, I would take it straight to either a Ford or General Motors dealership to trade for something I hadn't spent months witnessing and shaking my head at in total disbelief during my time at a Ram dealership.

Somme of the jokes were...Dodge Ram, number one in initial quality surveys!! (But what about 6 months, ten months, a year later.....a majority of those customers were pissed.
    And if Dodge has to utilize the expertise of Cummins to build the power plant, that should tell you not to expect much of the rest of the truck, when Dodge can't even build a reliable engine themselves.

I placed my next new truck order last week, with only $100 down, and fully refundable (they hope I don't take delivery, as the local Ford dealership knows they won't have any problem selling my special order F250 SD KR to another customer). Why does Ram demand a non-refundable deposit? Do they know the risk is high the customer may wander off to a more reliable brand?

Yeah, I would stay as far away from a Dodge, Jeep, Ram product as possible, seeing what I did and hearing what I did.
    There’s no perfect vehicle. My F450 has had a few problems as well.

2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjlebsa View Post
    ... because I traded down from a fifth wheel to a travel trailer and no longer need a dually.

Thanks
    Which trailer did you move to?
    Gabby
    2021 315RLTS Hensley Arrow
    2021 F250 Crew Lariat GVWR 30k lbs
    2019 Imagine 2600 RB (totaled Mar ‘21)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast