User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours kind of looks the same way inside as yours on the kitchen slide corners but no daylight. I suspect that if you get underneath the RV where the wire comes out under the frame they forgot to fill it in with that black expandable foam to seal it up. I would go to Lowe's or Home Depot, buy a can of that spray expandable foam and spray it around the hole where that wire comes out and seal it up.

just my thoughts
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's kind of what I was thinking. My concern is looking at the black plastic "tray" that it is some kind of drain or water catch for any water that might get squeegeed off if/when you pull the slid in when it's raining.

Just in case that is a drain I was thinking about putting a piece of hose around the wire, ID of hose slightly bigger than the wire, and then securing that in place so any water could still drain.

Where the wire exits the camper it looks like they just hacked in about a 3/4" hole, doesn't even look like they used a drill. If they did, that drill needs to go see the Doctor for a sharpen up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets see if I can post pics of what ours looks like. Been having trouble ever since Iphone and Windows 10 updated.

Pics are of slide fully retracted and then fully extended. On your pictures it doesn't look like your slide is fully extended out. You should not be able to see the side track inside with the slide fully extended. I don't believe there are any drain holes inside like you were describing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1348.jpg   IMG_1349.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steven, for the sake of illustrating the right picture, I brought the slide in about 5 inches. But even with the slide fully extended out I can see daylight big as day. The black tray is almost completely covered when the slide is fully out.

Yours looks "tighter" or something. I'll have to study your pics a bit and compare to my rig. Thanks for posting the pics!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! I also discovered the rodent entrance when our kitchen slide was in, I could see daylight/street. My husband went underneath and could literally slide 3 of his fingers through this hole, on both sides of the slide. It's on our list of things for dealer to fix.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4198.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	12008

Julie and Tim
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
    2018 Ford Super Duty F-250 Crew Cab FX4
    1,200/12,000lb Equal-i-zer Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is on a Face Book GD forum or whatever, she posted some pictures I took and one guy that replied (seemed to know what he was talking about) said that was a "Schwintek design feature", it is a drain that is supposed to catch any water that gets by the wipers and seals on the slid if/when you bring the slide when it's wet.

Ok, I get the drain but you don't need a 5/8" hole to drain a little water.

This is the only known problem on our new 2970, something I can easily fix myself. Over Easter I plan on going back to the dealer and looking at some 2970's, 2950's, anything with a Schwintek slide and seeing if they are all like this or what? Then I'll base my repair off of that. I another idea in my head as to what I'm going to do to fix this but I'll reserve that for after I see what other campers are like.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the good info on this site. I noticed my owners manual said NOT to lube the slide outs on my 2022 Solitude. But the dealership sold me lots of stuff and said I needed to every 3 months. Odd. Does everyone spray stuff on theirs?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 60356jai View Post
    Thanks for the good info on this site. I noticed my owners manual said NOT to lube the slide outs on my 2022 Solitude. But the dealership sold me lots of stuff and said I needed to every 3 months. Odd. Does everyone spray stuff on theirs?
    Are you referring to the Schwintek slides, or others? Seems to be conflicting advice on the Schwintek slides.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 310 Solitude and I believe that is the name of the slides but I'm not certain. I will email Grand Design today and post their response.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great KC suburb.. Platte City. Opposite end of town from where we are.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast