User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    I like the desiccant dehumidifiers for they're lighter weight compared to compressor dehumidifiers, and how much moisture they remove, even in cooler temperatures.
    They cost as much or more that the compressor dehumidifiers so I look at their warranty, 2 years vs 1 year. I've replaced one under warranty, been using them for 3 years.
    The Ecoseb's I have DD122EA, aren't being sold right now, so I just ordered a Keystone Junior to see how it works.
    I'm in a humidity rich area and can't handle humidity like I used to, so I run the dehumidifiers nearly non stop at home, and in the RV.
    How do you vent the desiccant dehumidifiers outside the rig?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    How do you vent the desiccant dehumidifiers outside the rig?

Rob
    Hi Rob,

If you mean vent the water out, I set the dehumidifier on the island & run the drain tube into the sink when I'm not in the RV to empty its tank.
    Sometimes I sit it on a plastic step stool and let it drain into the shower drain.
    I keep an eye on it via wireless: 43 % RH, 82.7 F Today 12:26:50 AM
    Last edited by gbkims; 05-12-2021 at 10:12 AM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Hi Rob,

If you mean vent the water out, I set the dehumidifier on the island & run the drain tube into the sink when I'm not in the RV to empty its tank.
    Sometimes I sit it on a plastic step stool and let it drain into the shower drain.
    I keep an eye on it via wireless: 43 % RH, 82.7 F Today 12:26:50 AM
    What I read said that the desiccant units put out heated air with the water vapor in it... I guess there's a different technology?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    What I read said that the desiccant units put out heated air with the water vapor in it... I guess there's a different technology?

Rob
    Yes they do put out warm air, as does my Frigidaire 70 pint compressor one at home.
    Their air out feels about the same to me.
    Just checked IR temperature pointed into their air outputs.
    91°F for Frigidaire
    EcoSeb desiccant 93°F on High , 86°F on Low (clothes dry mode).
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    This is what we use https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B088NHNL...ing=UTF8&psc=1 it's a dehumidifier that has a hose that can be attached to it. We leave it on the island, with the hose in the sink. We usually set the hydrometer to 40 or 45 percent. We also leave the bedroom door open and the closet door open a little bit.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    +1. We have and do the same. Works great!
    Jeff, Deborah & Ginger 🐶

2020 Ram 2500 4x4 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73
    2021 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy yourself a big bag of anhydrous calcium chloride .

Can you use the "ice melt" calcium chloride? Other than that, most of the calcium carbide I found in my search was food grade, pool stabilization, or for use in large HVAC applications.

Thanks.
    2018 2670MK
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71
    Blue Ox hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An earlier post mentioned the dry setting on the Furrion AC. We use it daily in humid weather and it effectively cuts condensation and problems with freeze up. It does chill the air into 60s. We run it for about an hour or when we’ll be away for awhile.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any one use Damprid for humidity control? We do when in storage. We dont have any electric to run a dehumidifier in storage, so the chemical way is how we do it. Appears to work good (no mold or dampness since new), and is refillable.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Any one use Damprid for humidity control? We do when in storage. We dont have any electric to run a dehumidifier in storage, so the chemical way is how we do it. Appears to work good (no mold or dampness since new), and is refillable.
    We store our rig in South Florida, and it works well, despite the high humidity. I use 8 of the small refillable containers in our 2670MK, and need to dump and refill them about every 6 weeks- depending on how much rain we get. I have been refilling them with a large bulk can of damp rid I buy at Home Depot. We also use it to dehumidify a couple of shipping containers my church uses for storage. The price of this jumped from $9 last year to about $13 this year.

For trailer usage, $13 every couple of months is no big deal, but the shipping containers use about 16 pounds per month, so I am looking for a cheaper substitute- hence my question if anyone has ever used snow melt in place of damp rid.
    2018 2670MK
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71
    Blue Ox hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12