User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
    Great idea, thank you. How does it pull with your truck, SW or DW?
    We have an F-350 SRW with air bags and it pulls like a dream, didn't even know it was back there most of the time. On the way home we were fighting a 25MPH quartering headwind and the camper was rock solid. When we were coming across Arkansas it was a crosswind and it hardly affected it. I really like how stable it is.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    We have an F-350 SRW with air bags and it pulls like a dream, didn't even know it was back there most of the time. On the way home we were fighting a 25MPH quartering headwind and the camper was rock solid. When we were coming across Arkansas it was a crosswind and it hardly affected it. I really like how stable it is.

Dale
    That is great to know. I am torn between the SRW and DRW mainly because my wife wants the washer and dryer and sometimes we will have 4 passengers taking up 865 lbs., just in people! I am afraid we would exceed the payload on a 350 SRW with the additional weight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
    That is great to know. I am torn between the SRW and DRW mainly because my wife wants the washer and dryer and sometimes we will have 4 passengers taking up 865 lbs., just in people! I am afraid we would exceed the payload on a 350 SRW with the additional weight.
    Yes, you will. Fully loaded for camping with everything we can think of in the truck and camper with food and clothing the truck weighs in at 11,200 with the trailer attached. That gives me 300lbs to spare. But that is just me and my wife and our 12lbs fur ball. In the truck we have the inflatable kayak, paddles, DEF, and the Andersen Hitch. That hitch only weighs 35lbs so if you use a traditional fifth wheel hitch you can add a couple hundred pounds for the hitch alone.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got back from our first trip, just a quick trip to a flea market in Canton, TX. We absolutely love the camper. We did not try out the sleeper sofa. A recommendation from past experience is to get an air mattress, like the ones you use for the floor, and inflate it and use it on the sofa. Then just let the air out each morning. Some of them can get fairly small when the air is out making them easy to store.

Dale
    We use either a 2" or 3" thick piece of foam across it. Works very nice to help level out the support areas. In the morning it is rolled up and stored inside the lower area of the sleeper sofa. The DW has used it several times with no complaints.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you will. Fully loaded for camping with everything we can think of in the truck and camper with food and clothing the truck weighs in at 11,200 with the trailer attached. That gives me 300lbs to spare. But that is just me and my wife and our 12lbs fur ball. In the truck we have the inflatable kayak, paddles, DEF, and the Andersen Hitch. That hitch only weighs 35lbs so if you use a traditional fifth wheel hitch you can add a couple hundred pounds for the hitch alone.

Dale
    Dale,

Is your truck a short or long bed? Do you know what your loaded pin weight is? We have a 2022 F350 6.7L CCSB and the Andersen hitch. Trying to decide between a 303RLS and the 337RLS.

Thanks,
    Evan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye-O-H View Post
    Dale,

Is your truck a short or long bed? Do you know what your loaded pin weight is? We have a 2022 F350 6.7L CCSB and the Andersen hitch. Trying to decide between a 303RLS and the 337RLS.

Thanks,
    Evan
    Evan,

We have a short bed. When we weighed the truck with the truck and camper fully loaded, we were within about 200lbs of the truck's max weight. That included blocks in the back of the truck, our two-person kayak, a 2 1/2-gallon jug of DEF, and just about anything we could think of to have the worst-case scenario. Also, the camper was loaded the same way. The truck also has the Fiber Bak-Flip cover that was covered with the Lin-X spray liner, the bed was sprayed with the Lin-X bed liner, and I have the Ford rubber mat. If I remember the hitch weight was 2780lbs. The truck easily handles the weight and pulls it like it wasn't there, just a little close to the max weight fully loaded. I had actually considered the 303 for this very reason since it is lighter, shorter, and has a much lighter hitch weight. My wife wanted the extra room of the 337 and she did not like the bedroom of the 303 so we went with the larger camper. I am actually glad we did because it is an incredible camper and has plenty of available cargo weight, storage, and space. Just watch what you put in the truck. I also installed the Air-Lift airbags on the truck and they are incredible and do a great job.

Hope this helps,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dale, That's helpful. I also have a LineX spray in liner and a retrax retractable cover. I'm thinking I could do a 337 if I keep an eye on weight. Next time I fill up I'm going to take the wife and dog with me to the CAT scales to see how much of the 3376 lbs payload we are using.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dale, That's helpful. I also have a LineX spray in liner and a retrax retractable cover. I'm thinking I could do a 337 if I keep an eye on weight. Next time I fill up I'm going to take the wife and dog with me to the CAT scales to see how much of the 3376 lbs payload we are using.
    You are welcome. You will not regret the 337, it is a great camper and the F350 diesel handles it very well. I am glad I added the air bags to help with the heavy hitch weight and keep the truck level. Some people don't worry about the weight because they say the trucks are over engineered and can handle more weight. I am a retired pilot and I find it hard to go over a weight limit. If you watch what you pack up front in the camper and the truck, it will be fine. I have a lot of weight in the front storage compartment, I mean A LOT of weight, and I was still not overweight.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know!
    The bigger basement in the 337 looks like it would be easy to load up!

I figure airbags are an easy addition once we get the rig. I will probably give it a try without first to make sure I really need it.

Thanks, Evan

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know!
    The bigger basement in the 337 looks like it would be easy to load up!

I figure airbags are an easy addition once we get the rig. I will probably give it a try without first to make sure I really need it.

Thanks, Evan
    @Buckeye-O-H,

Our Reflection 337, loaded, put 3,050 lbs. on the pin - with one battery and no washer/dryer. Also, airbags do nothing to change the payload capacity of a truck - they only level it and help prevent bottoming out. Here are some resources for you:

https://changingears.com/weight-calc...ht-calculator/

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ing-Capability

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast