User Tag List

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    This new fangled "steel" and "chrome" thing is a fad. In fact, maybe we should go back to a wooden dowel.
    LOL

On this topic since you are on a farm and use a truckload of grease, what do you use (Brand/type) out of curiosity?
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msutoad View Post
    LOL

On this topic since you are on a farm and use a truckload of grease, what do you use (Brand/type) out of curiosity?
    I typically use this for just about everything:
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...4-oz-cartridge

I do have some very thin grease (corn head grease is what most people call it) that I use for some specific applications that call for it. But 99% of my use is just good old black moly; seems to work well; 1000's of hours on backhoes and front end loaders and never had to press in a new sleave on anything (well, except for things that I've bought used and the previous owner didn't like grease).

I'm not going to say it's the "best", but I've been happy with it. In fact, this is the first "grease failure" that I can remember in my life. Where I greased something as specified in the manual and had that joint fail way prematurely.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit confused about the references to brass bushings with MORyde. The MORyde wet bolt set I ordered from etrailer included shackles, bolts, and bronze bushings. All the metal bushings they list are bronze, no brass. I was surprised that any would be brass as that seems too soft. I don't think it changes the fact that there has been premature wear based on the postings here, just thought it was important to point out that both Dexter and MORyde appear to use bronze bushings based on what I see, not brass in either case.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bronze and brass are two different animals, but you can't depend on the marketing people to know the difference. They may refer to the bushings as bronze, when they are, in fact, brass. Or vice versa.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I'm a bit confused about the references to brass bushings with MORyde. The MORyde wet bolt set I ordered from etrailer included shackles, bolts, and bronze bushings. All the metal bushings they list are bronze, no brass. I was surprised that any would be brass as that seems too soft. I don't think it changes the fact that there has been premature wear based on the postings here, just thought it was important to point out that both Dexter and MORyde appear to use bronze bushings based on what I see, not brass in either case.
    I am absolutely sure about the metal types. In my conversations with MORryde as well as grab a magnet and check. The Bronze Dexter bushings I bought have enough steal in them to be picked up with a magnet. The bushings FROM MORryde directly are not attracted to the magnet at all, which is expected with a brass fitting. I wish this was not the case and they used a stronger metal, but I could not be more sure of the data that I heard and have tested. I am happy to share the contact info for MORryde if you want to contact them also .

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very odd that those bushing would be magnetic. Especially strong enough to be picked up by a magnet. I've never come across that before.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Very odd that those bushing would be magnetic. Especially strong enough to be picked up by a magnet. I've never come across that before.
    It is in my opinion, having seen alot of things, that aside from the data saying one is Bronze and one is Brass, that the Dexter “Bronze” does in fact feel much more stout. Even if I didnt know the metal type, the fact it feels so different and then when a magnet picked it up, it reinforced for me it had to be stronger. Just wish they fit as a 100% swap one for one. However I would have to machine all the ones on the CRE3000 hangers themselves which I can do, but that’s more work. I have swapped all my bushings at this point once now, and I will see how well these Dexter ones wear compared to what I had before in certain places.

I will keep sharing. I cant claim to have all the answers, or the best info, but I am sharing what I know and have seen, nothing more. It’s not about right or wrong, just sharing with people as info in the hopes it helps them maybe avoid either a crisis, or a life changing event.

I appreciate all that responded to this thread!!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I stand corrected. I just assumed that what they list in the descriptions are correct. I'll keep an eye on my bushings and once they wear out will have to look at Dexter next time around. Thanks for the great info.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Okay, I stand corrected. I just assumed that what they list in the descriptions are correct. I'll keep an eye on my bushings and once they wear out will have to look at Dexter next time around. Thanks for the great info.
    You're not the only one. I figured Dexter/Morryde were just a rebrand of the same product. I was very surprised to learn (earlier in this thread) that they are, in fact, different products. You'd think that would be called out on a product page somewhere, "Harder than stock", "Longer wearing than other metal bushings", something.... Nope, as far as I can tell, except for the first hand experience in this thread, I have no idea how a customer would realize that Dexter makes a different (possibly better) bushing.

Great advertising guys.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updating this thread…

So I have pulled all of the MorRyde CRE3000 off to replace all of the bushings on the trailer. There are about 12K miles on them and greased them before every pull since my pulls are 500+ miles each time one way.

All of the bushings but one were torched basically. I have sent my data to GD about the mileage and kept as many of the pieces in case they want to see them. I will keep greasing them and will keep checking them yearly I guess since they didnt last very long … I got the entire trailer done in 4 hours start to finish on both sides, once I got my groove with getting weight off the springs and such.

FYI only to you all for awareness.
    I cant get the files to post here from my iPad. I will get them added once I get on my MAC last tonight or in the morning!!!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast