Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response Rob!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Performance Trailer Braking is at many of the rallies doing installs. They are hard workers and haven't heard a complaint yet from anyone getting brakes from them. Friendly honest people, they did a job next to us one year at the TN Rally on a Solitude with less than 200 miles. We don't have the disc brakes and what they took off was new so instead of throwing them out they offered the set of 4 to us. (our 303 stops fine but if we were bigger I'd do it in a heartbeat) We just put them on before our trek to FL

My son is a mechanic and very capable of the changeover, if we did not use him on we'd use Performance in a heartbeat if we did the switch
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Marcy & Gary, I was pretty happy with the "several" conversations I've had with them. I consider myself fairly mechanical, (built and raced a drag car, crewed a couple of dirt stock cars, and crew fighter jets). I feel pretty certain that I could do mine also, but, a couple things, I'm 65 and still in great health.....but sometimes, ya just don't feel like doing it, and, I live in Wichita KS and they are in Norman OK (as you know) and they will honor the military, so, giving my discount.....they will charge me $100 to drive to Wichita to install them....turn key.
    That is money to me and worth the "lack of" hassle I could encounter in a self install.

I appreciate it when business's honor the vets.

If we were planning on just camping around the KS, OK, NE and MO area with no hills/mountains to speak of, I might not consider them, but I know that we want to travel to CO, UT, WY and areas northeast so, I believe a disk brake setup will be a great addition.

Thanks for your input, it is always valued.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Performance Trailer Braking is at many of the rallies doing installs. They are hard workers and haven't heard a complaint yet from anyone getting brakes from them. Friendly honest people, they did a job next to us one year at the TN Rally on a Solitude with less than 200 miles. We don't have the disc brakes and what they took off was new so instead of throwing them out they offered the set of 4 to us. (our 303 stops fine but if we were bigger I'd do it in a heartbeat) We just put them on before our trek to FL

My son is a mechanic and very capable of the changeover, if we did not use him on we'd use Performance in a heartbeat if we did the switch
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post

I appreciate it when business's honor the vets.

If we were planning on just camping around the KS, OK, NE and MO area with no hills/mountains to speak of, I might not consider them, but I know that we want to travel to CO, UT, WY and areas northeast so, I believe a disk brake setup will be a great addition.

Thanks for your input, it is always valued.

Ray
    It is so well worth it, we don't want to do our own wrenching any more either. That's where having a certified mechanic (our son) in the family comes in quite handy.

I think you can't go wrong with performance doing the job. It's sure to make a difference with our without hills.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed disc brakes from Performance Trailer Braking on my 303 about two years ago. I'm very pleased with the results and the communication with the folks at PTB. I elected not to use the hydraulic line layout that came with the kit instead I opted to purchase better quality brake line from Amazon and made me own layout. The components from PTB are first class and the instructions are easy to follow. Recently I began thinking about replacing the disc brake pads. I checked with PTB and the Dexter pads they sell are quite expensive. I asked PTB if there was not a common substitute and they provided me with a part number for a GM automobile brake pad. The GM pads are aboutb1/3 the c ost of t he Dexter pads. Good luck with your project.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you provide the GM part # for the pads? Also, I have read that you are supposed to use semi metallic replacement pads. Is this true?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwalters2112 View Post
    Can you provide the GM part # for the pads? Also, I have read that you are supposed to use semi metallic replacement pads. Is this true?
    The part number PTB provided is MKD 289. I googled this number and Duralast pads popped up showing semi-metallic pads under this number. I have not personallybtried these pads yet so I can't say the are exact replacements but this is the item PTB recommended. Maybe someone else on this forum can speak to the replacement pads they used.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had them install disc brakes in my 351M a couple of years ago and have never regretted the decision. The difference is very meaningful and I've traveled across country with peace of mind I can stop quickly when needed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Cost
    Ray

QUOTE=cost1962;457227]I had them install disc brakes in my 351M a couple of years ago and have never regretted the decision. The difference is very meaningful and I've traveled across country with peace of mind I can stop quickly when needed.[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast