User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    When he was filling up one time was the tanker there filling the tanks. That can stir up anything that is at the bottom of the tanks to send it into your gas tank.
    Don't think so - they were having delivery problems at the time so tankers were showing up in prime time too. High volume station with 2-3 tankers per day. He was filling up late night to early morning but who knows what might have been delivered in between. I've filled up when a tanker was in place but I always ask the driver if he's putting in gas or diesel.

At the Esso station I worked at in the '60s, the owner would shut the gas pumps down for half hour after delivery. You know they don't do that anymore.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManageIT View Post
    It does and I usually pull a sample about monthly to see if there is water there. I asked the dealership mechanic why I didn't see a CEL for water. He said there was likely so much water that the sensors "couldn't handle it".
    Well...there's a load of...smelly brown stuff....don't want to get in trouble with forum rules....
    Sensor probably works on conductivity of material....a little water..a lot of water makes no difference. So he's suggesting it only works with a little water? lol
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Well...there's a load of...smelly brown stuff....don't want to get in trouble with forum rules....
    Sensor probably works on conductivity of material....a little water..a lot of water makes no difference. So he's suggesting it only works with a little water? lol
    That's why I put what he said in quotes. I've seen the CEL for water in fuel before. I drained it and replaced the filters which took care of the problem. I did see the fuel sample he saved and it was about 40% water after sitting over night.
    2016 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3550BH

Camp Sites - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...fw&usp=sharing

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly my understanding too! Thanks for explaining.
    john and betty
    2019 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axle ratio
    2020 GD Solitude 310GK
    "Wherever you go, there you are" -Buckaroo Banzai

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I've used the Lucas Oil fuel additive in both by gas and diesel vehicles. No issues yet.

I haven't used any additives in greater than 130K miles (CTD 6.7L) and NEVER have had any issues!
    2018 RAM 3500 MC, CTD 6.7, 68RFE
    (2nd RAM MC w/CTD 85K Hitch Miles)
    2019 Imagine 2250RK, replaced hail destroyed BH (Brand X) in 2019.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OptiLube

Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    Been reading some drivers use diesel fuel additives,Hotshots been one of them mentioned that help fuel mileage ,is this just another rumour.As a rule I have never been a additive user,just wondering how much they are used and if they help.
    I have used optilube from the beginning on my 3500 dually. I have had no problems and get between 8 and 10 mpg towing 15k
    Here is what the mfg states
    Benefits include:

Enhanced Lubricity for Reduced Fuel System Wear
    Improved Fuel Economy (See Diesel Power Magazine Study here)
    Increased Power
    Reduced Deposits
    Reduced Emissions
    Prevents Rust & Corrosion
    Cleans Injectors, keeps them clean
    Improved Storage Stability (More than doubles storage life of diesel fuel)
    Improved Water Separation
    Improved Cold Weather Performance

I will continue to use for piece of mind and performance

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    I have used Opti-Lube (Summer). Never that cold down here to use a winter blend. I use it for piece of mind since the LML has the CP4. Any added lubricity to help both the fuel pump (CP4) and the injectors live is good money spent. With the known GM 1/4 tank fuel line pickup issues, I also installed an Air Dog-4G lift pump to remove any air/water before it reached the fuel pump (CP4). The added micron filtration is also an added plus for piece of mind. No noticeable fuel mileage increase as others have also stated.

Dutchman2
    I used Opti also for about a year. It was rated several years ago as the best for lubricity. Did it help any??? Due to the cost I switched back to Diesel Kleen. From what I understand it is recommended by Ram manufacturer.
    2023 Rockwood Signature 2442 BS
    2022 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited , 6.7 CTD, 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started using the Amsoil diesel additive that has 'Cetane Boost + Injector Cleaner" but also improves lubricity after reading an article in Trailer Life magazine May-2019 entitled "Diesel Heart Transplant". The article said that while air entrainment and water are major causes of the high-pressure CP4 pump failures that lubricity of the low-sulfur fuel contributes to the problem. Added an auxiliary tank so don't need to run main tank down thus reducing air entrainment.
    Scott & Susan
    2016 F250 CC SB SRW 4x4 pulling 2018 Momentum 349M
    Firestone Air Bags & 40 gal RDS Tank Bilstein 5100 Steering & 4600 Shocks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only additive I use is Amsoil Cold Flow during the late fall and winter months; that is to prevent "gelling" of the fuel if temperatures become sufficiently cold. During the rest of the year, I add nothing but the fuel.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've owned a diesel for about 17 years, and only used an additive when storing for a few months in the winter. Never have had any issues. Seems to me that if the low lubricity of fuel is a problem, we'd be seeing diesels dead along the roadside in large numbers. IMO anyway.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast