User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    The fans on my refrigerator quit working during our first trip this year. 7 separate trips and they never worked. I brought the trailer in this month to get the recall (wiring issue) fixed and get the fan issue taken care of. After they took care of the wiring issue they tested the refrigerator. Guess what? The fans worked when they tested it. The dealer said they can’t charge GD for the warranty work on the refrigerator since there is no problem. I suspect the wiring issue somehow fixed the fan issue. But, I had to pay $136.00 in labor charges anyway. I’ve had the trailer less than two years and had to have the cooling unit replaced in year one and then had an entire season without a properly working refer. Im not a happy camper.
    The recall doesn't have anything to do with the fans. It is to more securely attach 110 volt wires to the wall. The fans are 12 volt.
    What made you think the fans failed?

OTOH. testing the fans probably added 5 minutes to the job. They were already in there for the wiring issue. I think your dealer took advantage of you.
    Last edited by huntindog; 11-24-2022 at 02:43 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    The recall doesn't have anything to do with the fans. It is to more securely attach 110 volt wires to the wall. The fans are 12 volt.

OTOH. testing the fans probably added 5 minutes to the job. They were already in there for the wiring issue. I think your dealer took advantage of you.
    [QUOTE=huntindog;457820][COLOR="#0000FF"]The recall doesn't have anything to do with the fans. It is to more securely attach 110 volt wires to the wall. The fans are 12 volt.

The recall was a safety issue. I understand that. Two days prior to our first trip I turned on the fridge. In 24 hours it got to proper temp. The day of our trip the fridge was at 68 and the freezer at about 38. Through observation I saw the fans weren’t working. I took a household fan and blew air up through the bottom vent and the unit cooled to proper temps again. I tried on each of our trips to use the fridge without the household fan. It would not cool. The dealer can’t explain it. Act of God? Loose wire that reconnected when they fixed the warranty issue? I have no idea why the fans started working again. My trailer is in storage until next May. My concern is that the fans don’t work again and the fridge is then out of warranty. Mind boggling to say the least.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Dakota;457822]
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]The recall doesn't have anything to do with the fans. It is to more securely attach 110 volt wires to the wall. The fans are 12 volt.

The recall was a safety issue. I understand that. Two days prior to our first trip I turned on the fridge. In 24 hours it got to proper temp. The day of our trip the fridge was at 68 and the freezer at about 38. Through observation I saw the fans weren’t working. I took a household fan and blew air up through the bottom vent and the unit cooled to proper temps again. I tried on each of our trips to use the fridge without the household fan. It would not cool. The dealer can’t explain it. Act of God? Loose wire that reconnected when they fixed the warranty issue? I have no idea why the fans started working again. My trailer is in storage until next May. My concern is that the fans don’t work again and the fridge is then out of warranty. Mind boggling to say the least.
    I have never had this issue when I took mine to the dealer with a laundry list of things to include drawer pulls, 3 season door latches, and even decals. The covered it all including all labor. The ONLY exception would have been if I had work this brakes out because I pulled it so much, but that would have worn the tires out too. So I don’t know why your dealer is doing that… It makes me feel like they were gonna double dip on you, get it covered by GD and then charge you too. I realize that is inflammatory for me to say, but I have never heard of such a thing within the first 12 months. I might write to GD and ask them them and get their view (if it were me). I might also look for another dealer. If you go to GD and tell them this and that you have no trust in your dealer, they have been known to authorize a mobile tech to come to your place, you pre-pay, you get it reimbursed and you show GD before you hire the GD the list. Just another thought if your dealer seems to be less than above board. Just my opinion based on how they treated you.
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Dakota;457822]
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]The recall doesn't have anything to do with the fans. It is to more securely attach 110 volt wires to the wall. The fans are 12 volt.

I have replaced my fans. The first symptom was a 5 amp (IIRCC) fuse blowing on the circuit board. I would replace it and it would work for awhile, then blow again. After several trips it got to the point that it would blow as soon as it was replaced. I then found out that this fuse powered the fans. As they got worse and worse the fuse blew faster until it happened immeadiatly. The stock fans are cheap junk. I replaced them with water resistant fans rated for 50,000 hours. They cost about 20.00 each and should prertty much be a permanent fix. I think your dealer likely just replaced the fuse. The stock fans are a 2-3 dollar item. Forget about the warranty, get some quality fans installed and be done with it
    Last edited by huntindog; 11-24-2022 at 06:33 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Isn't everything within the first year basically warrantied?
    No, it is not. There is no such thing as a 1 year "all inclusive" warranty.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a dealer look at something that is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty, then, yes, you would be liable for the time spent.

Manufacturer's do not pay for diagnostic time on things that are not covered under the warranty.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you all talking about the "Forever Warranty" that comes at no cost. Or is this a paid for warranty.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
    Are you all talking about the "Forever Warranty" that comes at no cost. Or is this a paid for warranty.
    I am assuming the OP is talking about the actual Grand Design warranty.

A "Forever Warranty", you have to have the unit inspected every year, at a cost.

An aftermarket warranty still won't pay for diagnostics if nothing is wrong, or not covered.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Manufacturer's do not pay for diagnostic time on things that are not covered under the warranty.
    Really no different than autos, you dont get to goto an auto dealership and have them diagnose something that is not covered under warranty for free.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I am assuming the OP is talking about the actual Grand Design warranty.

A "Forever Warranty", you have to have the unit inspected every year, at a cost.

An aftermarket warranty still won't pay for diagnostics if nothing is wrong, or not covered.
    Hi Steve,
    Yes - they could have socked me $1100 if everything I brought in they couldn't diagnose or find a problem with. I went back to pick it up today and there were a half dozen items the tech didn't see that the service writer went out with me to confirm. He said yup, took pictures to send to GD for warranty, and knocked the diagnosis charges off the bill. Wound up paying about $190 most of which was time on the Goosebox and furnace duct leak and I have no problem with that as long as the dealer provides me with their purchase record so I can deal directly with Horizon Global and get the valve leak fixed and they re-visit the ductwork leak.

So now any warranty repairs are in GD's and their suppliers court - dealer has confirmed and sent time estimates out with pictures.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast