User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to report in. 2 weeks on the road, from E Tennessee to Venice, Fl to St Augustine this week and heading home tomorrow.
    No fuel issues at all, averaging around $5 a gallon, $4.80-$5.25ish.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side note to self and others, don’t run the I75-i4-i95 corridor on a holiday weekend. Venice to St Augustine on Sunday wasn’t fun, +90 minutes from about 5 different wrecks.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where I live in upstate NY, the price has gone up, so diesel is now $1.50 more than gas. But a good chunk of that has been the NYS gas tax holiday that's been in place for the last few months. I've not had any trouble getting diesel.

Nevertheless, with little to no snow on the ground we've been using our two little FWD "baby" cars more than usual. The old Solara convertible gets about 25 mpg and the older Sentra gets about 30. Once the snow flies the 4wd truck will see more action.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This article just popped into my inbox earlier today:

https://rvbusiness.com/looming-diese..._source=RVLIFE
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBadger View Post
    This article just popped into my inbox earlier today:

https://rvbusiness.com/looming-diese..._source=RVLIFE
    Yeah, I suspect that in the long run the good old ICE is doomed. Give it 15 years and we will be driving many more trucks powered by something like a hybrid, or all electric, or hydrogen fuel cells. Not that I like the idea. I just think it is inevitable. Its politically less popular every year (world-wide) to build or expand refineries, wells and pipelines. And nobody really wants to live near any of them. Frankly, I am also worried that the same problem is going to inhibit development of alternatives. Nobody wants to live next to a lithium mine or live under a windmill farm either. The pessimistic side of me says the era of cheap energy may be over, hopefully solar technology will accelerate, and maybe, maybe nuclear will be viewed less catastrophically.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was about 2 weeks ago...just sold my old diesel truck, glad to have my new gasser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20221122_141159.jpg  
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    Yeah, I suspect that in the long run the good old ICE is doomed. Give it 15 years and we will be driving many more trucks powered by something like a hybrid, or all electric, or hydrogen fuel cells. Not that I like the idea. I just think it is inevitable. Its politically less popular every year (world-wide) to build or expand refineries, wells and pipelines. And nobody really wants to live near any of them. Frankly, I am also worried that the same problem is going to inhibit development of alternatives. Nobody wants to live next to a lithium mine or live under a windmill farm either. The pessimistic side of me says the era of cheap energy may be over, hopefully solar technology will accelerate, and maybe, maybe nuclear will be viewed less catastrophically.
    Currently there is no viable replacement for our petroleum based economy. Our economy will collapse long before a viable replacement(s) exist. So the only solution to the problem is to remove the politics and political agendas that is driving this slow-motion trainwreck before we have a much bigger problem to deal with, if its not too late.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't really know what's being designed or researched. Only what trickles out here and there. What I have seen is new battery technology that will be a game changer. Anyone that thinks EV's aren't going to make it is delusional.
    Most of the negative stuff written about EV's is propaganda from companies that don't have a stake in EV's and will suffer because of. It's only natural in todays world or media to downgrade something that won't benefit you.
    What we now in the EV world is only a fraction of what will become the mainstay. Yes some sectors of transportation will lag when converting to EV's. But that doesn't mean EV's as a whole will lag.
    Hyundai just broke ground on a $5.54B plant in GA to build EV's and batteries.
    Just because trucks will lag behind cars in EV sales doesn't mean EV's won't become dominant in the future.
    One just needs to look at who's behind the negativity.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter in-law bought a Tesla recently. It's a beautiful car and high tech for sure. She had a charging cable installed in her garage which was smart. She and the son live in SoCal and she travels about 60 miles a day and needs a recharge every other day. The car and technology works well for her local driving scenario.

The disappointment came when she and my son took the Tesla to Vegas. She couldn't make the 265 mile trip without a recharge, about halfway (Baker CA). The lesson learned was her Tesla works great for local driving but not so much for a road trip.

I believe EV technology will be a viable option for replacing petroleum based transportation someday but it's probably several decades away. Most likely newer and better transportation technologies will be available by then too so EV might not even be the best option several decades from now.

But our petroleum based economy includes much more than just petroleum based transportation. It's used throughout our economy.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    We don't really know what's being designed or researched. Only what trickles out here and there. What I have seen is new battery technology that will be a game changer. Anyone that thinks EV's aren't going to make it is delusional.
    Most of the negative stuff written about EV's is propaganda from companies that don't have a stake in EV's and will suffer because of. It's only natural in todays world or media to downgrade something that won't benefit you.
    What we now in the EV world is only a fraction of what will become the mainstay. Yes some sectors of transportation will lag when converting to EV's. But that doesn't mean EV's as a whole will lag.
    Hyundai just broke ground on a $5.54B plant in GA to build EV's and batteries.
    Just because trucks will lag behind cars in EV sales doesn't mean EV's won't become dominant in the future.
    One just needs to look at who's behind the negativity.
    On the flip side you also have to look at who's behind positivity too. Not making any judgement either way here, just saying whichever side has something to gain or lose is going to tout whatever helps them or hinders the other.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast