User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    balm32

New Reflection 323bhs

Hi Everyone,

We just got back from our second trip, have our third planned for this weekend. Wow! We've gone to heaven! I love everything about this coach. It is truly the perfect layout for us, and the styling on the interior is second to none! To say we are pleased is an understatement. A few small things I would like to highlight:

- One of the corner trim pieces was loose upon delivery. In attempting to glue/re-nail it, the dealer tech dented the wood with a hammer. We had a new piece at our doorstep in less than a week (this will be an easy install with my own nail gun and a lighter touch than the tech).
    - We ordered sink covers from GD through the dealer. The dealer thought this was an expensive purchase, but I was more than thrilled to have the package on my doorstep in under a week, perfectly matching the countertops.
    - I had a couple of other small concerns (TV Mount and blackwater flush) and both questions were easily resolved by members and the GD manufacturer presence on this forum.
    - I made my first small mod to the kitchen cabinet: I added a thin layer of cork (using contact cement) so that we now have a bulletin board inside the door.

We are so pumped! Thanks for having us and I look forward to years of sharing information (and delight) here.

-Brian

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Brian and Melissa and congratulations on your new Reflection!

Steve

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome balm32! There seems to be several folks with new 323 BHS units (us included). For us the separate bedroom was the deciding factor. We really liked the living area of the 303, but with 4 of us and two dogs the bunk house is a better fit. Which TV did you mount? Master or bunk room?

balm32
    Quote Originally Posted by lajones View Post
    Welcome balm32! There seems to be several folks with new 323 BHS units (us included). For us the separate bedroom was the deciding factor. We really liked the living area of the 303, but with 4 of us and two dogs the bunk house is a better fit. Which TV did you mount? Master or bunk room?
    Master bedroom. I chose the two items below. The mount arm was a little tricky, because I wanted the TV to lie fully flat above the window. I had to use only two of the four screws from the mount to the TV, so that the mount on the wall would have both screws in the backer on the wall. (A different TV might have the mounting holes more "centered" on the TV, but so far I am very pleased. It is really solid. The magnet was key in this install, it really helps you find the outside edges of the backer in the wall.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    (this was much cheaper a week ago)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info, thanks. We have not bought one for the master yet, just the bunk room. Back there we chose not to mount it at all. The base was narrow enough to sit on the shelf and the TV just fits in one of the under bed drawers so we will just place it in the draw during transportation.

overpolished
    Congrats and welcome!

Footloose & Anchor Free
    We had our dealer install the wall mount, but picked up a TV/DVD combo from Walmart online, after seeing one (just the TV) in the store. We were unable to locate a good quality 22" combo unit (who knew it would be so difficult?), so we purchased a 24" Spectre (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-E2...layer/21668672), and we really like it! The sound and picture quality are great!! We remove the unit from the wall mount when we travel and place under the bed linens/pillows. The package arrived within three days. Way earlier than expected.