Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up our New Reflection 303 RLS

Yesterday afternoon we picked up our new 303 RLS. Very impressed with it and can't wait for the weekend to spend some quality time going through everything. The order was placed on 11/14 and GD had four openings in the production line. It arrived at the dealer on 12/1. I cannot believe how quickly they built it plus they took time for Thanksgiving dinner.

There are also several new upgrades on the 2015 we received that I only discovered after the order was place. Pleasant surprises.

--I believe the TV is now 39" so the cabinets to the left and right are no longer there due to the increased width of the TV. TV brand is Haier. The wall behind the TV is the black bead board to match the hutch. Looks very nice.
    --Backup camera prep. I believe that is the 12V power and mount. Camera is available from Furrion. Maybe in our future but not yet.
    --Plug-in for solar panels is located next to the front storage area. This also appears to be a Furrion feature.
    --Stove has a smoked glass hinged cover which when closed is level with the counter. Nice clean look to it. The only issue is where they cut the counter to install the stove it has an unfinished look. Basically you have a cross section view of the counter's bull nose and a little exposed plywood when the cover is opened.
    --Shore power plugs into the side of the unit near the water heater and side storage. Must have been in response to posts I've read here.
    --Unit no longer comes with a rear bumper but includes a frame mounted receiver hitch rated for 350 lbs. GD stated that the bumper from Lippert has a 0 MPH rating so they went with the receiver hitch instead. I feel exposed with all that fiberglass hanging out there for the first knucklehead to hit but I guess the bumper was a false sense of security with that rating.
    --Sewer storage tube provided underneath ahead of the axle in lieu of the bumper storage.
    --Sink covers were included. Not sure if that's new or not but I've read others comments that they were not include or we extra.
    --The reading lights over the bed are more like the other LED ceiling lights vs. map lights that I think I've read posts about.
    --The couch is very similar but does not have those ears where the front edge of the seat cushions wrap around the front of the arms. This will be used as a sleeper and I thought that was an odd design. I like the change.

Factory options included freestanding dinette and dual pane windows. Dealer installed options were slide toppers in black and a smoke colored MaxxFan Deluxe remote opening with remote control for the ceiling vent in the kitchen. Mainly because though they provide a switch on the hutch to turn the factory fan on/off you still had to manually open the cover. That won't be a problem now.

Our dealer performed their PDI but I still discovered a few very minor things which they addressed while we were there. Our salesman operated every component and explained every feature very well.

I must thank everyone on this forum because the knowledge I gained here prior to ordering was very valuable in our decision to purchase and in my understanding during our PDI. It allowed me to look for certain things and be aware of others.
    Kevin & Ginger
    2015 Reflection 303RLS #1816
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado / 3500HD DRW CC / Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Kevin and Ginger, let us know how your shakedown trip goes.

Steve

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Kevin & Ginger. Wishing you happy glamping.
    Maybe our paths will cross in the mid-Atlantic area.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kevin and Ginger

I am sure that you will enjoy your 303RLS . . . we love ours.
    A very detailed list of recent changes to the 303 ! You have obviously done your homework !
    We also have a "2015" with none of the content changes that you describe.
    Many of the changes sound like improvements and GD is obviously listening to their customers.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! You'll love it even more once you get out and camp in it!!

Nice list of changes, nice to see GD is listening and really taking things said into consideration.
    We put a stove cover on ourselves, but it's a black raised metal cover. The glass sounds like a nice clean linear look. Is the fridge still the black shiny plexiglass panels?
    Remember to put the sink covers in the cabinet for the ride. One good bump in the right direction and they could become projectiles. We store ours under the sink for travel.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Kevin & Ginger. Enjoy your Reflection.
    Thanks for the list of updates, it's good to know Grand Design is listening AND reacting to customer needs and wants. It almost makes us wish we would have waited, but we have enjoyed the last 7 months with our 337rls!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Rob. Yes, I can definitely see changes that have been issues mentioned here on the forum.
    Kevin & Ginger

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the fridge is the same. I've seen here on the forum that I can change that at a later date to stainless. Thanks for the tip on the sink covers. I also noticed that Furrion has changed the design of their AV unit but I haven't dug into the specs yet. Also discovered two USB charge ports at the head of the bed on the curb side. Nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Congrats! You'll love it even more once you get out and camp in it!!

Nice list of changes, nice to see GD is listening and really taking things said into consideration.
    We put a stove cover on ourselves, but it's a black raised metal cover. The glass sounds like a nice clean linear look. Is the fridge still the black shiny plexiglass panels?
    Remember to put the sink covers in the cabinet for the ride. One good bump in the right direction and they could become projectiles. We store ours under the sink for travel.
    Kevin & Ginger

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ken. We'll keep an eye out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingerlonger View Post
    Congratulations Kevin & Ginger. Wishing you happy glamping.
    Maybe our paths will cross in the mid-Atlantic area.

K
    Kevin & Ginger

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. 7 months of memories is probably better. It's still a beautiful Rig. We spent 2014 using our 12 year old Cougar hoping we'd make through the year so there's peace of mind have a new one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Jan View Post
    Congrats Kevin & Ginger. Enjoy your Reflection.
    Thanks for the list of updates, it's good to know Grand Design is listening AND reacting to customer needs and wants. It almost makes us wish we would have waited, but we have enjoyed the last 7 months with our 337rls!
    Kevin & Ginger