User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hand held high power LED search light

I have on my safety list that I need a rechargeable hand held search light. Something in the 6000+ lumen's

Been researching and finding lots - most with very mixed reviews. Having variable power might be good for roadside repairs and setting up camp or for trails. I have one of those head band LED lights, but find it lacking in some situations

What do folks have or can recommend?
    Thanks
    Last edited by powerscol; 11-16-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Black Diamond head light and a few Chinese no name $5 flash light with only 1 AA battery which I regularly use and love. Each around 350 or 500 lumens. Nothing more. 6000+ lumens is huge and would be hard on batteries and neighbors. Lol

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6000 lumens in a handheld isn't possible. It's BS advertising. That said, I think Streamlight might be the better end of choices, but haven't found anything that can hold a candle (pun intended) to my now 30 year-old Q-beam spot 12VDC lighter cord and all! Lol!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    6000 lumens in a handheld isn't possible. It's BS advertising. That said, I think Streamlight might be the better end of choices, but haven't found anything that can hold a candle (pun intended) to my now 30 year-old Q-beam spot 12VDC lighter cord and all! Lol!
    @Ynot4me2

Thanks folks. Gives me a good start. My old Q beam only made it 20 years.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I have on my safety list that I need a rechargeable hand held search light. Something in the 6000+ lumen's

Been researching and finding lots - most with very mixed reviews. Having variable power might be good for roadside repairs and setting up camp or for trails. I have one of those head band LED lights, but find it lacking in some situations

What do folks have or can recommend?
    Thanks
    Do you have cordless power tools like Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee, etc? All three of those listed make high power lights, as do some other brands. If so, that’s an easy solution. Dewalt for example makes a few tiers of lights powered by the 20V batteries. This is one of the top ones and while not 6000 lumens, I bet it would more than do the job. I have a lower output Dewalt light and it is still more than enough for the roles you listed - and better than any headlight I’ve owned. https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-20-V...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Maglite has some outstanding options. This one will run for 18 days or light up your neighbor’s neighbor’s backyard. Or you can go a little smaller within their line. Not much in the way of rechargeable options - they have some but I can’t personally speak to the rechargeable options. . https://maglite.com/collections/full...ing-flashlight

For compact but excellent look at SureFire. They have rechargable, compact options with over 1000 lumens. You pay for it, but you get what you pay for.
    https://www.surefire.com/categories/illumination/

Streamlight makes my current go-to light. It isn’t rechargeable though, and I doubt as bright as you are looking for. They may have brighter options though so worth a look. I don’t think I’ve ever changed the batteries in the light I have from them and it’s going strong many years and lots of use later.
    Last edited by Stealth13777; 11-16-2020 at 06:22 PM.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the Streamlight brand of lights, I have several of the rechargeable small ones and have used them for years, they're not cheap but are pretty much indestructible and they do make larger ones as well.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerscol, Check out the Ridgid Gen5X light cannon. I got one so when the wife takes the dogs out in the dark. So she can check out the yard for skunks, mtn lions, coyotes & such. The light cannon is flipping amazing. The LED lights are very bright & adjustable. It shoots light farther than any hand held light I have seen. At $90 bucks its well worth the money. And Ridgid products are well built. It runs on a 18 volt Ridgid battery or can be plugged into a 12 volt power source. But with the batteries you can take it anywhere. The battery & charger is available at our local Home Depot. I ordered the light cannon & it was shipped right to my house. the batteries are available in 2 or 4 AH. The 4 AH wieghts twice as much. I have several Ridgid products running off these 18 rechargeable volt batteries & its really a great system. And all Ridgid products have lifetime warranty. I think that the Light Cannon is just what you are looking for.
    Russ
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Cyclops Sirius 500 that I use when my dogs are barking at night and I want to see what is out there. Usually deer. Have had this light for several years and it holds a charge for a long time, is very bright on the "spotlight" mode, and also has a less bright mode for using indoors as a flashlight. I'm pretty sure I bought it on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Cyclops-Siriu.../dp/B00MU2PEIE

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.baycoproducts.com/produc...item/xpp-5422g
    I have four of these that I acquired working in the refinery before I retired. They were the best for dependable light trying to fix working mechanisms in short order. Both beams are LED so they give a nice cool white light that's easy on the eyes. You can use case as a light stand or hang it from the tether with the floodlight lens.
    I keep one in each vehicle, one in the 5W and one at the house. With a few sets of rechargeable batteries, I'm good to go!
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Streamlight as mentioned is very good (love their seige lantern), but take a look at Fenix lights. I think they're the best quality and performance price point right now. I have several and love them. https://www.fenixlighting.com/produc...t-flashlights/
    Last edited by DarthMuffin; 11-17-2020 at 09:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast