User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powering slideouts with my trucks 110 volts

Question, can I power my slideouts with just my trucks 110 inverter?

My 5th wheel is in a storage facility. At the end of the month i want to show it to family. Can i power it up through my Fords Inverter?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevyG View Post

My 5th wheel is in a storage facility. At the end of the month i want to show it to family. Can i power it up through my Fords Inverter?
    No, that's only a 400 watt inverter, unless it's the new 2021 electric F150. I bought a 10' extension for the 7 pin connector; that works very well for me.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fords inverter won’t even run my electric charger for my drill.

If you didn’t disconnect the battery totally you will likely find you have a dead RV battery. Most of us install a Marine battery disconnect directly at the battery to totally remove any parasitic drain from draining the battery. When in storage I turn off the newly installed battery disconnect. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XTDSD4B/. When I arrive to pick it up I turn the Switch back on and use battery to adjust the jacks so I can mount the 5th wheel onto my truck.

I keep a lithium jump start battery under my trucks back seat. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FDV18LW/ It can be used to operate the slides, electric jacks etc if the RV battery is weak. The plus is it can jump start even a Diesel engine if needed.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2021 Ford F 450 Diesel. I know the battery was turned off by Lazy days. I was thinking on get a small Honda like generator. I like the jump start battery idea.
    May 29th will be our maiden voyage to Dunlap TN Area..Thanks much
    Last edited by StevyG; 05-07-2021 at 02:39 AM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2021 Ford F 450 Diesel. I know the battery was turned off by Lazy days. I was thinking on get a small Honda like generator. I like the jump start battery idea.
    May 29th will be our maiden voyage to Dunlap TN Area..Thanks much
    The OEM battery disconnect doesn't remove parasitic loads (CO monitors, etc.). What @Jerryr is saying is that, if you didn't remove a battery cable from the terminal, you may still have a dead battery in the RV. A jump pack or generator would get you going, though. It would take a long time to recharge the battery through the 7-pin connector - that's low amperage.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for that info. Normally i have a solar panel charging the battery but the unit was delivered up to the storage location. They did not hook up the the panel. On may 22nd i will be going to that location to at least hook up the solar panel. It will have a week to charge the battery.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for that info. Normally i have a solar panel charging the battery but the unit was delivered up to the storage location. They did not hook up the the panel. On may 22nd i will be going to that location to at least hook up the solar panel. It will have a week to charge the battery.
    As Rob stated, factory battery disconnect switch doesn’t disconnect everything. It will normally leave things like radio memory, propane detectors etc still connected and draining the battery.

If this were my trailer I would take a ride to the storage facility and disconnect one of the battery cables now.

It’s highly likely that by 5/22 you will have a totally dead battery even with the factory disconnect switch the off position. Draining the battery that low will damage the battery.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 hour round trip

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 hrs round trip? Where do you have it stored?
    Jerry & Linda

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brunswick Georgia...we live in Gulfport

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast