User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re about 40 minutes south of Gulfport so we are familiar with your area. Yes that quite a trip to Brunswick.

When we travel up to NC in our Reflection we like to stay at Crooked River State Park, a little south of Brunswick.

You may want to bring car jumper cables with you to use your truck to boost the RV battery if it’s dead. You will also need a #2 Robertson square drive screwdriver to remove the screws from the battery box cover to gain access to the battery. https://www.amazon.com/Channellock-R...dp/B00XNBS1W2/

Then when you leave Brunswick, if the battery is discharged, take it with you back home and treat it to a good charge at home.

As i stated in my previous response I carry a light weight Lithium Polymer jump pack. I’ve seen RV sales guys use these to run slides in RVs before a battery was installed. I keep mine under the rear seat on the driver side in my 2020 F350 Diesel. I have another one I keep in my Lexus Hybrid car in case of need. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FDV18LW/
    Last edited by Jerryr; 05-08-2021 at 06:10 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    We’re about 40 minutes south of Gulfport so we are familiar with your area. Yes that quite a trip to Brunswick.

When we travel up to NC in our Reflection we like to stay at Crooked River State Park, a little south of Brunswick.

You may want to bring car jumper cables with you to use your truck to boost the RV battery if it’s dead. You will also need a #2 Robertson square drive screwdriver to remove the screws from the battery box cover to gain access to the battery. https://www.amazon.com/Channellock-R...dp/B00XNBS1W2/

Then when you leave Brunswick, if the battery is discharged, take it with you back home and treat it to a good charge at home.

As i stated in my previous response I carry a light weight Lithium Polymer jump pack. I’ve seen RV sales guys use these to run slides in RVs before a battery was installed. I keep mine under the rear seat on the driver side in my 2020 F350 Diesel. I have another one I keep in my Lexus Hybrid car in case of need. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FDV18LW/
    Jerry, I bought one of the battery jump packs too after watching our service guy power the jack when the battery was dead after service. Knowing the Schwintek slides need full power I thought the jump pack would also help if the battery were low and give it some added boost. Also, I like to help people if I can but would be very reluctant to hook my $80,000 truck up to an old Hyundai to give them a jump start. Like you I carry it under the back seat and will never again have to worry when we have the boat in the water and the battery wont start.
    Larry & Deb
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 F350 Lariat SRW
    Eastern Ks.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevyG View Post
    Question, can I power my slideouts with just my trucks 110 inverter?

My 5th wheel is in a storage facility. At the end of the month i want to show it to family. Can i power it up through my Fords Inverter?
    Steve,

Read this thread that was created today. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...n-dead-battery This member found his battery dead after 10 days with the factory disconnect switch removed.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    As Rob stated, factory battery disconnect switch doesn’t disconnect everything. It will normally leave things like radio memory, propane detectors etc still connected and draining the battery.
    On our Solitude the hydraulic jacks also work with the battery disconnect switch turned off...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Setting Up Camp
    Currently near the Columbia River in Oregon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small generator/inverter

Something you might consider, especially if you have a cPap machine or other medical device, is to invest in a Honda 2200 watt generator/inverter...or similar brand/model.

We bought the Honda EU2200i so we can run most of the trailer, and can hook it up to a companion generator to power the entire trailer. The single generator can run on Eco mode which is fairly quiet.
    It is also designed to run on the correct sine wave for medical devices, I don't pretend to understand how all that sine wave stuff works, but there is much information online about it.

Just something for you to think about, the Honda EU2200i is $1099 just about every place it is sold. If it's more than that you would be paying too much.
    Traveling along the Columbia River, I'm kayaking all 1200ish miles...
    approx 575 miles done
    **Wilderness Systems Kayaks** Mine-Tsunami 175 Hers-Zephyr 165
    2018 -2670MK behind a 2000 F250 (for now)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmjohnsnx2 View Post
    Something you might consider, especially if you have a cPap machine or other medical device, is to invest in a Honda 2200 watt generator/inverter...or similar brand/model.

We bought the Honda EU2200i so we can run most of the trailer, and can hook it up to a companion generator to power the entire trailer. The single generator can run on Eco mode which is fairly quiet.
    It is also designed to run on the correct sine wave for medical devices, I don't pretend to understand how all that sine wave stuff works, but there is much information online about it.

Just something for you to think about, the Honda EU2200i is $1099 just about every place it is sold. If it's more than that you would be paying too much.
    I would personally go for the Harbor Freight Predator 2000 watt inverter/Generator https://www.harborfreight.com/2000-w...tor-62523.html or the 3500 https://www.harborfreight.com/3500-w...tor-63584.html. I have friends that have each, and really like them. They are very well reviewed.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerryr : How long will the Sandrock hold a good charge? Thanks
    2015 Ram Tradesman 3500 DRW puck-B&W
    2015 Reflection 29RS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen and Jerry View Post
    Jerryr : How long will the Sandrock hold a good charge? Thanks
    Forum hint: you can either use the "Reply With Quote" (as I have done here) or tag the other member - @Jerryr. That way they will get a notice that you are trying to get their attention.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could use more wisdom here. When we finally inspected our unit. Found Battery switch never turned off & never disconnected the battery cable. I took the batteries out slow charge for 6 hours. The charger showed if was fully charged? After a day or so they were dead! Couldn't hold a charge?
    I also noticed when we tried to get the fridge going on gas...the DSI switch lit up.. I have been over the manual & cant find anything on that... should I just go out & replace the batteries?

Any help is appreciated as we tow it out this sat...StevyG

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevyG View Post
    I could use more wisdom here. When we finally inspected our unit. Found Battery switch never turned off & never disconnected the battery cable. I took the batteries out slow charge for 6 hours. The charger showed if was fully charged? After a day or so they were dead! Couldn't hold a charge?
    I also noticed when we tried to get the fridge going on gas...the DSI switch lit up.. I have been over the manual & cant find anything on that... should I just go out & replace the batteries?

Any help is appreciated as we tow it out this sat...StevyG
    Steve,

6 hours of slow charge would not fully charge a totally dead battery.

If they died after being charged and nut connected to anything the battery is likely toast. Charge the battery out of the RV and bring it to a auto parts stride to test You need batteries at full charge to properly test them.

Draining a battery fully like that really taxes batteries and may not be recoverable.

Costco and Sams club sells group 27 Marine/RV batteries for about $85.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast