User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrade Concern

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 337MKR View Post
    @D2Reid Thanks for the reply. We are working on going full time soon. We will both be hopefully working remotely. That is why we are considering a larger rig. Since we have no experience to speak of rving so far we are looking to others for information. The length is our biggest concern right now. We don’t know how hard it will be to find places to fit. Information on the web is all over the place.
    I have seen that for most National parks over 30’ is pretty much a no go. Of course even our current rig is a little over 35’
    We're on our 3rd trailer, and first fifth wheel. Length/height was our biggest concern when we upgraded from a bumper pull/travel trailer.

In our experience over the years, I've learned to take site lengths/restrictions with a grain of salt. Our previous travel trailer was a "25RB" model, that was 31' total length (from tongue to bumper). We stayed at many places that were labelled as 25' sites, but could easily have fit longer trailers without obstructing others in the campground.

There doesn't seem to be any standard/consistency with how sites are labelled. Are sites labelled for actual lengths, or trailer model lengths? Will a 30' site actually fit a 35' trailer without obstructing others?

'Pull thru' sites are another thing. We've stayed at some where we had to unhook and reorient the truck, and others where we unhooked, pulled forward a few feet, and still had plenty of room.

When we're going to a place we've never been before, I'll always check out the satellite view/street view to see what's there. Looking at reviews where people post photos, can also be really helpful.

I'm not saying to ignore how sites are labelled, just pointing out what I've found from experience.

Sorry for the rambling, just giving food for thought.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS | TireMinder i10 TPMS | Progressive Dynamics 60A Converter | Progressive Industries EMS | MORyde X Factors | Renogy Solar & MPPT Controller
    2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L Diesel | Tuned w/ DPF Stolen | Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller | Airlift Bags w/ Wireless Compressor | B&W Turnover Ball | Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    If your both working from the rig, that means you need wifi. That may rule out many National Parks by itself.

Red
    We are already looking into having Verizon and AT&T both. We got the chance to go to Yellowstone a few years ago and Verizon was spotty @ best in the park.
    2022 Momentum 397THS-R
    2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mediocrity Thanks. We have done enough research to find out Google will be our new friend, along with a few others. All info is a help. We have had time to get familiar with our camper. We have been in it full time for about 8 months now. However campgrounds is another story, haven’t crossed that bridge yet.
    2022 Momentum 397THS-R
    2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 337MKR View Post
    We are already looking into having Verizon and AT&T both. We got the chance to go to Yellowstone a few years ago and Verizon was spotty @ best in the park.
    We are in the process of switching to T-Mobile from Verizon. We get a better signal from them (where we stay long term) and they're 1/2 the cost and double the gigs on the senior 55 plan.

YMMV

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can honestly say that 35-37 feet is what we have found to be the sweet spot for us...two retirees that are out 5 or 6 months a year.

Enough room, enough storage and small enough to get into most State and COE campgrounds.

Manufacturers don't make too many smaller fifth wheels for extended stay RVers...

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12