User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman.dustin View Post
    ...My trailer has the auto level computer installed up front. If I forget to shut if off after leveling it will beep from time to time to remind me...
    Our Level-Up system will sometimes beep after the level is complete with a message that one of the sensors is bad. It is not, but I still have to acknowledge the alarm. It is very infrequent.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerml View Post
    We just completed our first trip in the trailer and discovered a mysterious and very faint beeping (alarm?) from a source that I cannot determine. I'm pretty sure I scoured the manual for every appliance and detector on board trying to determine the source.

Here's the sound:

A VERY faint series of about 8-10 beeps that occurs every 15 minutes. The series of beeps only lasts 5 seconds. It is louder when standing inside the trailer than out. It seems to be loudest in the center of the RV.

At one point, it seemed loudest when standing beneath the Air Conditioner. Another time, it seemed loudest near the refrigerator. It's so faint that it's hard to pinpoint.

Confounding the problem is that it stops after a while (usually while I'm trying to locate the source).

Here's what we experienced: We traveled 150 miles, and then, around 2pm, we parked and connected to 50A shore power at our camping spot. It's possible that the beeping started right away, but we didn't detect it for a few hours (we have a noisy toddler). It continued every 15 minutes, and I spent an hour searching for the source with no luck. We left for a while and then returned at bedtime when I heard it twice more while laying in bed. At 9:30pm it stopped and never returned for the next 6 days. We were plugged into shore power the entire time.

Upon arriving back home and reconnecting to 50A shore power, the beeping returned. However, we had forgotten about the issue, and didn't hear it until unloading the next morning. We only heard it twice (in 15 minute intervals). The last time I heard it, it seemed to maybe come from the Air Conditioner. So I climbed up on the roof and sat there for 15 minutes. And GUESS WHAT?! No more beeping!

So here I am.... could this possibly be a low voltage alarm? What do they sound like for the various appliances? Any other ideas?
    I found a portable radio playing on low volume in a duffle bag in the bedroom closet years ago
    JessJoe - Eastern PA
    2019 Reflection 29RS - Reese GooseBox
    2017 Ram 2500 6.7L 4x4 SRW SB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE (WITHOUT A SOLUTION):

My battery condition is good. Both are charging to 12.68V - they are sealed lead acid, so I can't do much more than check the voltage. I let the batteries run down to 12.2V and then plugged into 50A shore power to see if the converter charging up the battery was the culprit. We sat inside and outside the trailer for about an hour and didn't hear anything. The daily highs are 105F here at home, so I can't dedicate a day to sitting in there with the AC turned off. If I turn the AC on, I won't be able to hear the beeping over the fan. I plan to leave it plugged in for 44 hours without drawing any DC current to see if the converter ever goes into float mode (something else I've been meaning to do). After that is done I'll keep experimenting.

Initially, I did open the refrigerator and freezer to see if it was the door open alarm or low temp alarm. It was not coming from the fridge unless maybe it was at the back of the unit and muffled. The Dometic manual didn't indicate any alarms of the type I was hearing.

I really don't think the CO, propane, or Smoke detectors are responsible. It's too faint and infrequent.

I do not use LevelMatePRO - we have Lippert Ground Control 3.0 Autolevel installed as well as TireLinc TPMS. I checked both of those systems for errors, flashing lights or anything, and no luck.

Will update when I finally figure it out.... unless it's gone for good.

On some of the monitoring panels, you can turn on or off an alarm for the tank sensors. If I remember correctly, you hold down the button and it changes on/off function.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Doesn't sound like your problem but every time my air conditioner shuts off I get alarm from my fireplace. It's just one beep and if you look closely you can see alarm code on display appear very briefly. Told this was normally because your air conditioner and fireplace can't be on at same time. I think when air conditioner comes on power is shut off to fireplace and when air conditioner shuts off power is restored to fireplace, therefore beeping and warning light.
    That might be unique to your rig type. I just tried running my ac and fireplace at the same time with no issues.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just completed our first trip in the trailer and discovered a mysterious and very faint beeping (alarm?) from a source that I cannot determine. I'm pretty sure I scoured the manual for every appliance and detector on board trying to determine the source.

Here's the sound:

A VERY faint series of about 8-10 beeps that occurs every 15 minutes. The series of beeps only lasts 5 seconds. It is louder when standing inside the trailer than out. It seems to be loudest in the center of the RV.

At one point, it seemed loudest when standing beneath the Air Conditioner. Another time, it seemed loudest near the refrigerator. It's so faint that it's hard to pinpoint.

Confounding the problem is that it stops after a while (usually while I'm trying to locate the source).

Here's what we experienced: We traveled 150 miles, and then, around 2pm, we parked and connected to 50A shore power at our camping spot. It's possible that the beeping started right away, but we didn't detect it for a few hours (we have a noisy toddler). It continued every 15 minutes, and I spent an hour searching for the source with no luck. We left for a while and then returned at bedtime when I heard it twice more while laying in bed. At 9:30pm it stopped and never returned for the next 6 days. We were plugged into shore power the entire time.

Upon arriving back home and reconnecting to 50A shore power, the beeping returned. However, we had forgotten about the issue, and didn't hear it until unloading the next morning. We only heard it twice (in 15 minute intervals). The last time I heard it, it seemed to maybe come from the Air Conditioner. So I climbed up on the roof and sat there for 15 minutes. And GUESS WHAT?! No more beeping!

So here I am.... could this possibly be a low voltage alarm? What do they sound like for the various appliances? Any other ideas?
    Whenever we plug in our solitude 310gkr, to shore power, our microwave oven beeps, but only once.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the sound:

The fridge door open alarm could be the issue. Not sure what fridge you have but on the Norcold 2118 in my Solitude the alarm and light are activated when the right side door contacts a rocker switch on the top inside the fridge. It is hit or miss as to whether the door contacts the switch properly. So you can end up with the fridge door alarm intermittently/periodically beeping even if the door is latched.

One fix is to raise the door with a washer on the bottom pin. Another is to attach something to the switch surface to build it out.

Assuming that is the issue (it was for me [emoji57])... If that doesn't fix it, I guess I would check with the manufacturer.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same issue!!!

Here's the sound:

We are having the exact same issue. Have you discovered the source? It’s driving us crazy. We have a brand new 2021 Solitude 310 GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ppresident View Post
    We are having the exact same issue. Have you discovered the source? It’s driving us crazy. We have a brand new 2021 Solitude 310 GK
    Nope. It's been sitting at home for a few months and I haven't heard it either while plugged in or on battery. Check the TPMS system, if installed. It occurred to me that it could possibly have been the TireLinc remote alarm which I left in the packaging inside a drawer (since I use the app). Haven't had a chance to test that theory yet. Good luck, and fill us all in when you figure it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mystery Solved!

Nope. It's been sitting at home for a few months and I haven't heard it either while plugged in or on battery. Check the TPMS system, if installed. It occurred to me that it could possibly have been the TireLinc remote alarm which I left in the packaging inside a drawer (since I use the app). Haven't had a chance to test that theory yet. Good luck, and fill us all in when you figure it out!
    Thank you for your reply. We did exactly the same thing you did and had our TPMS in a drawer in the bag. Took it out and guess what… That was the source of the noise. Thank you so much for your response and mystery solved!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rarely when I search the forums for an answer to a problem do I find “the answer”. Tyler, you answered the original poster’s (well, described, I might add) question…and mine: the TireLinc monitor I threw in the drawer (and forgot about) on day one two months ago! Any other device I own would have a dead battery after two months. Can’t even remove the battery cuz it’s rechargeable. Insanity runs in the family, but now that I know what’s beeping that can’t add to it! Thanks, Tyler!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast