User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    PMadness is correct, there is nothing real about the leather..they call it "bonded leather" when yours starts peeling (it will eventually) you will see how thie material that is peeling is nothing like leather. It doesn't matter which model you get, it is all bonded junk.
    I really wish that all of the RV manufacturers would quit using that bonded leather crap. We had a Jayco White Hawk travel trailer that had fabric on the sofa, theater seats, and dining area seats. Even after 7+ years of use (including with a dog) they still looked great. I would never buy any Thomas Paine furniture for the house based on how fast it deteriorates in an RV. Unfortunately the manufacturers don’t seem to care - just another quality issue with the junk they’re putting out.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    How was it getting the loveseat in the door? I have the dreaded peeling issue on my theater seats....
    Our 2006 theater seats are mostly down to the cloth in the head area. Our two sofa-beds are starting to peel on the arm rests. We had to buy matching cloth slip covers for all of them from Amazon.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got back from a local trip last week and next to our campsite they had a 2021 Imagine 2600RB. This one is about 2' longer than our 2150RB. The recliners and a small dining table/chairs fit across from the TV, and the fridge is located next to the stove and sink. I really liked this layout over our 2150RB - seemed much more roomy and better seating for eating and guests.

They said the recliners were heated and massage... does that work only on 120vAC I assume? So you can't recline if not at an electric site?

I'd really like to get two microfiber or cloth-covered (not pleather) recliners with manual recline and heat/massage if connected to shore power. The space I have to work with is 80" wide by 37" deep. A center table/console to put food/drinks on between them would be a nice bonus.

Is it easy/difficult to sell the Lippert sofa/bed that came with the camper?
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a GD story, however our last TT, a Dutchmen Adirondack, had a horrible pleather jackknife sofa. We replaced it with two full size microfiber covered recliners made by LazyBoy. It does not have to be RV furniture to go in an RV, in fact "residential" furniture is normally more comfortable and more cost effective. It does however have to fit through the doors and into the space allocated for it.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    I just got back from a local trip last week and next to our campsite they had a 2021 Imagine 2600RB. This one is about 2' longer than our 2150RB. The recliners and a small dining table/chairs fit across from the TV, and the fridge is located next to the stove and sink. I really liked this layout over our 2150RB - seemed much more roomy and better seating for eating and guests.

They said the recliners were heated and massage... does that work only on 120vAC I assume? So you can't recline if not at an electric site?

I'd really like to get two microfiber or cloth-covered (not pleather) recliners with manual recline and heat/massage if connected to shore power. The space I have to work with is 80" wide by 37" deep. A center table/console to put food/drinks on between them would be a nice bonus.

Is it easy/difficult to sell the Lippert sofa/bed that came with the camper?
    The 2600RB is a really floor plan but its not in the 1/2 ton territory more 3/4. The bigger the TT the heavier. In our 22mle we have both the recliners and the dinette. We really like having both. The light strip underneath, heat and massage work off of 120v but the reclining mechanism is a pull cord.
    As for selling your Lippert sofa, I think that would be a hard sell unless your practically giving it away and someone really needs one. They are not the best on the market. You can get cheaper better quality alternative. Same goes for the recliners.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    The 2600RB is a really floor plan but its not in the 1/2 ton territory more 3/4. The bigger the TT the heavier. In our 22mle we have both the recliners and the dinette. We really like having both. The light strip underneath, heat and massage work off of 120v but the reclining mechanism is a pull cord.
    As for selling your Lippert sofa, I think that would be a hard sell unless your practically giving it away and someone really needs one. They are not the best on the market. You can get cheaper better quality alternative. Same goes for the recliners.
    Yes, I think you are right about the 3/4 ton needed to pull it. They had a F250 pulling theirs, and I see the 2600 is about 1200 lbs. heavier in GVWR. The 2150 is about as much as my Silverado 1500 can handle. So I think I will be content with what I have. :-)

Next is finding some more comfortable seating arrangement. I wonder if I can find anyone with a 2150 that wants to rid of their original theater seats?
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    Yes, I think you are right about the 3/4 ton needed to pull it. They had a F250 pulling theirs, and I see the 2600 is about 1200 lbs. heavier in GVWR. The 2150 is about as much as my Silverado 1500 can handle. So I think I will be content with what I have. :-)

Next is finding some more comfortable seating arrangement. I wonder if I can find anyone with a 2150 that wants to rid of their original theater seats?
    You don't have to go with the GD Thomas Payne ones. Any type will do as long as it fits of course. Many members have parted ways with them due to premature peeling and high price. Personally, I don't like the massage feature, it feels like those old cheap motel beds that the bed would just shake when you inserted a quarter. The blue lights we never turn on and only DW will use the heat in early spring and late fall.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quick question before I dive in.
    Is it as easy to remove the theater seats as it looks? i.e. just unscrew from underneath the seats, nothing underneath the camper?
    Steve & Sheryl
    Bucca and Nyx RIP-Tag and Gordon
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    Ford F250

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    You don't have to go with the GD Thomas Payne ones. Any type will do as long as it fits of course. Many members have parted ways with them due to premature peeling and high price. Personally, I don't like the massage feature, it feels like those old cheap motel beds that the bed would just shake when you inserted a quarter. The blue lights we never turn on and only DW will use the heat in early spring and late fall.
    OK, thank you. I'll have to keep an eye out for a deal this winter on cloth recliners, keeping in mind the max width of 80" for two with a table in between. I would still swap for the original theater seats though if there was little to no cost involved.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's just me, but when I wear shorts exclusively... April to October, the pleather sticks to my legs.
    We put towels/blankets over the theater seats mainly to keep the dog from poking holes in the pleather...he wont sleep on the sofa-to hard for him.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast