Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kitchen slide is the slide that the original owner has had back to the dealer for work. Hopefully, that slide won't prove to be a chronic problem for us. I was surprised when I did not see the rack and pinion under that slide as it is large. The large slide on the opposite side uses the rack and pinion.
    2017 Reflection 29 RS
    2003 F350 Supercab V10 Longbed
    Pullrite Superlite (like Anderson)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy. From what we have seen on this forum since we bought our 2016 "new-to-us" Solitude in early 2017, I think we are, and you will be, better off with the older units in that age range.

Yes, that was when the wheels were leaking Grease into the brakes (we have since installed Kodiak disk brakes), but the other frequent problems with poor workmanship and the myriad appliance failures seemed to start swarming with the 2019-2020 of all models represented on here.

My DW and I feel blessed that we have not had any serious problems like these with our 2017 unit...at least none we couldn't fix ourselves!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have not had any large problems with our 2019 unit, but I do wonder about the kitchen slide. Sometimes it struggles to retract completely. The Schwintek mechanism seems to be weak for a heavy slide with appliances on it. I expect that slide to be a problem at some point in the future.
    2019 REFLECTION 29RS
    2016 RAM 3500 LONGHORN CUMMINS SRW LB CC 4X4 AISIN RVK 3600

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When your schwintec slides get out of sync, simply run in slide until it stops... then run out 1" and stop and run back in. Do that 3 times and it will AUTOMATICALLY re calibrate and will be in sync with each side. per schwintec tech service call. It works.
    Tim & Debra
    2015 RAM 3500, SRW, 4x4, 6.7, Air bags, 18k Demco Auto Slider
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 26RLS, 16" Goodyear Endurance Tires,

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Howdy. From what we have seen on this forum since we bought our 2016 "new-to-us" Solitude in early 2017, I think we are, and you will be, better off with the older units in that age range.

Yes, that was when the wheels were leaking Grease into the brakes (we have since installed Kodiak disk brakes), but the other frequent problems with poor workmanship and the myriad appliance failures seemed to start swarming with the 2019-2020 of all models represented on here.

My DW and I feel blessed that we have not had any serious problems like these with our 2017 unit...at least none we couldn't fix ourselves!
    What did the disc brake upgrade cost? That is something we might consider if we find that our brakes have the grease problem. Was the upgrade worth the expense now that you have lived with it for a while?
    2017 Reflection 29 RS
    2003 F350 Supercab V10 Longbed
    Pullrite Superlite (like Anderson)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telder4 View Post
    When your schwintec slides get out of sync, simply run in slide until it stops... then run out 1" and stop and run back in. Do that 3 times and it will AUTOMATICALLY re calibrate and will be in sync with each side. per schwintec tech service call. It works.
    Just to make sure do you run the slide out one inch or one foot?
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group: Be sure to get the owner books from the seller as they are very helpful. The 303 has A pantry included in the kitchen slide with the ref. and stove. I think it also has a Schwintec slide like the 29rs and would be more likely to have problems because of the added weight. Perhaps some 303 owners will comment on this. We have not had any issues with ours.
    2015 Ram Tradesman 3500 DRW puck-B&W
    2015 Reflection 29RS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @telder4 Thanks for the tip.
    2019 REFLECTION 29RS
    2016 RAM 3500 LONGHORN CUMMINS SRW LB CC 4X4 AISIN RVK 3600

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123