User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    That has happened to me a couple of times. I think maybe the valves leak a little and collects in the drain pipe and you get an unpleasant surprise when you remove the cap. An easy way to prevent this is to install a gate valve on the end of the drain pipe then when you remove the cap you hook up your flex pipe, open your new gate valve, then your open your tank valve.
    This valve was only about $30 and installed in less than 30 seconds. I've had one of these on my last 3 rigs and will never worry about any surprise again when I remove my drain pipe cap.
    What is the exact item you installed? I want to make sure that 'things' are open when open.... and no surprises...
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    What is the exact item you installed? I want to make sure that 'things' are open when open.... and no surprises...
    Most of us have a Valtera valve https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BGHYJS/ attached. Works great to prevent surprises.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2FD04C88-2C46-4255-8416-C69C53A61939.jpg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Most of us have a Valtera valve https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BGHYJS/ attached. Works great to prevent surprises.
    Thx... just ordered it.... based on all the advice from above.... thx
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry my Rhino dump hose in a decent sized tote with a lid. Having had the "poo" experience myself I now routinely put the tote underneath the waste dump cap when opening just incase something does comeout (obvioiusly hose out of tote). I do agree with Rob in one of his prior posts about some fluid staying withing the tubing after tank draining then migrating to the cap area during travel. As far as pressure build up, I think that if your tank valves are closed and cap is secure and air tight that pressure buildup could occur within that segment of tubing when traveling from low to higher elevation. I have had that experience too. Just my 2 cents. Safe travels everyone!
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Left The Driveway Buckethead305's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Valterra twist on has been great for the piece of mind it provides. Had a booboo at Ft Wilderness that I swore Mickey could have smelled from the Magic Kingdom. Wife was none to pleased that within minutes of our arrival we ended up as " those people".
    2021 Imagine 21BHE
    2019 Ram 1500 Not the Classic Body
    Old Workhorse 2002 Tundra 4.7 (Retired)
    Location ? Miami where most peoples English " Is no very good looking "

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345