Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back up Camera install

Thanks to everyone on the forum, it made me finally pull the pin on a new 2022 21G that I hopefully will be getting (if covid doesn't screw things up) late June early July. I do have one question tho, on the build list it comes pre wired with back up camera and wiring, when I enquired about this as an option the dealer said it would be a $900 option to have installed, I said how can that be if the camera is already factory installed and pre wired they said regardless it still requires a bunch of work and calibration. For those of you that have got this option is it really a $900 option, or is this just another cha ching for the dealer, I like the idea of it but do I really have to spend that much. The $900 is in Cdn funds, also if you buy a trailer without any camera or pre wiring its still costs $900 go figure something just doesn't seem right.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general, pre-wiring means there is a mount and a couple of power wires at the back connecting to the marker light.

If you are handy at all, you can install a camera. If you aren’t handy, you’ll want to get that way owning an RV!
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function on the forum, you'll find lots of threads on this topic. That said, the trailers only come equipped with the mount and power leads. You can get the camera and monitor for a few hundred and there is no calibration involved. The dealer is trying to do a wallet biopsy on you.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed my own wired camera and ignored the factory installed wiring.... wireless will always have latency.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely cha ching for the dealer. Furrion cameras are plug and play. Yes, the dealer will have to wire to the marker lights but it is not real difficult. When you finalize the deal, tell your dealer you would like that included. All they can say is no but it is doubtful they will be willing to let the deal go over $900.00. As for calibration, they are plug and play on the tow vehicle side.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed a better wireless camera for under $250.00 US, and it took 30 minutes. Just look for a backup camera (Amazon) that is compatible with the Furrion mount. It will come with the adapter plate and wiring adapter. No new holes and plug and play.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for there comments, I guess I did not clearly listen to the sales rep, I thought she said it was pre wired and camera installed, I guess pre wired and camera ready but still like most of you say its a cash grab.

In regards to getting the camera as part of the deal, simply isn't happening, the dealership definitely have the upper hand just now with the Covid frenzy buyers they don't give too much away with a purchase. I think I negotiated a fair price on the trailer that I was happy to pay, but it isn't easy just now with the amount of people that are willing to drop silly money down now so they can have a trailer now. I think that's why I feel I got a good deal, I was in no rush for one so there was no pressure there for the dealer to say......"well we have others looking at this trailer so don't wait to long or it will be gone". I simply wanted the best deal on the trailer and was willing to wait, but on the other side of that the dealer was not offering to throw anything in on top of the purchase.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    I just installed a better wireless camera for under $250.00 US, and it took 30 minutes. Just look for a backup camera (Amazon) that is compatible with the Furrion mount. It will come with the adapter plate and wiring adapter. No new holes and plug and play.
    Do you have a link to your camera..

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Stewart 5533, if you’re dealer quoted you $900 on a Furrion camera install, that’s really not a bad price assuming it’s the Vision S7 with 3 cameras. Just the system alone is gonna be in the $850 range if you bought from etrailer or Amazon. Even one of my go to retailers, RV Upgrades, has it listed at $915.

In my experience, I have not had great luck with Furrion cameras with transmitting a signal over 50’. Also hard for me to justify the premium price. I had a Haloview on our TT. It worked well, but considering going to the VisionWorks system on our new rig. I understand side marker cameras will be offered by VisionWorks very soon and if that is the case, I’ll definitely do that over the Furrion. Haloview makes side marker cameras, but they have antennas on each one, so less desirable design.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart 5533 View Post
    Do you have a link to your camera..
    Ues....herevitvis listed on Amazon.

Brand: 4UCam

4.2 out of 5 stars 470Reviews

4Ucam Digital Wireless Camera + 7" Monitor + Adapter for Furrion FRCBRKT-BL Pre-Install Mounting Kit (FOS48T-BL/FOC12TA-BL) for RV, Trailer, 5th Wheels

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast