Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2670MK On order

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2670MK On order

2670MK on order, an upgrade from a Vibe 21FBS by Forest river.

Anything I specifically need to check, problem areas etc?

The Vibe had a power cord built in. This seems to have a plug on the side. Do I need to get as power cord or does it come with one.

I will be working remotely on this. Got a cell booster. Is this WiFi booster ready? I’ve seen that’s a thing recently so is pre-wired, just need the booster installed.

Anyone got experience with the solar system? Is it worth it?

So excited to upgrade but so worried about making the same mistakes and not checking/knowing something in advance

Thank you everyone, new to the forum and looking forward to meeting/chatting with you all

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Power cord is removable and included.

Solar is nice if you camp without hookups for days at a time (either on dry pavement in a parking lot or off the grid somewhere).

We have about $500 invested in a panel and charger plus $2000 in generators but also camp without hookups about 50% of the time. It has paid off for the 15+ years we've used both power sources. If you rarely are without hookups, I'd start with a good generator and then figure out if solar is worth the added investment.
    Last edited by Lane Hog; 04-30-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you pulling it with? I just ordered one nd have a F150 V6 EcoBoost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F-150 Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by dmlconcord View Post
    What are you pulling it with? I just ordered one nd have a F150 V6 EcoBoost
    I dont have the 2670 Model however we have the 2600 RB Model. We tow it with our 2019 F150 Screw Short Bed with the 2.7 Ecoboost. I am at my higher limits and actually exceed my Gross Combined weight. The truck does not lack power but I do need more payload and wish the Truck was heavier. I am awaiting the release of the tow and payload numbers of the new 2022 Tundra Hybrid before I make a New Truck purchase decision. If the Tundra does not satisy my needs I will opt for a 3/4 ton Diesel in ether the F250/Ram-2500/ or GM-2500 with the short/standard bed configuration.

Our next upgrade will be a fifth wheel model 35 feet or under and the Diesel would be a goog choice for our needs.

Best of Luck with your New Unit !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many panels were you able to fit on your roof. Haven't taken delivery yet but want to order the panels so I can get to work before the permafrost sets in. Size of your panels may help me too.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It comes with it's own 50 amp power cord. If you don't have the second AC, you can run everything off of 30 amps - I use my old 30 A extension cord for main power, and almost never get out the 50 amp one - it is a beast to deal with.
    See my bazillion prior posts that mention the chances of sway without enough tongue weight. All loaded up, expect it to be 900+.
    Still pulling, now about 14,000 miles with my 2012 F-150, 3.5 Eco. I do have the Heavy Duty Payload package, so no worries about payload.

In lieu of the second AC, we added Fantastic Fans to both the kitchen vent, and the bedroom vent. The bedroom needed a separate 12v wire run, so I paid the dealer to do it. Whatever fan, get the kind with the hood, so you can run it in the rain. The ones that close when it rains (which I have) are bad on those hot, very humid, days when it sprinkles and you still need the air flow.
    Last edited by sande005; 09-07-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a 2022 2670MK. Should be in next spring. We saw this unit at the RV show in Toronto over 2 years ago and never forgot it. It now includes a 165w solar unit, pebble gray colouring (much brighter), Goodyear tires and outdoor griddle. Great adds. Now reading up on this forum to see what I need to prep the trailer. Backup camera for sure, max vents? …….

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by divemedic View Post
    We just purchased a 2022 2670MK. Should be in next spring. We saw this unit at the RV show in Toronto over 2 years ago and never forgot it. It now includes a 165w solar unit, pebble gray colouring (much brighter), Goodyear tires and outdoor griddle. Great adds. Now reading up on this forum to see what I need to prep the trailer. Backup camera for sure, max vents? …….
    The Max Vents for sure and I also run two Batteries in Parallel for the added Amp Hours. Glad to see they added the brighter colors as our 2600RB has the light colors and we love that decour. We are planning to move up to a fifth wheel in a few years and we would also want the lighter colors. We also added the Back up camera and the TPMS to monitor the tires. (Air & Temps) I beefed up my rear bumber with brackets and installed a five hundred pound capacity aluminum rear cargo carrier that I keep my 2200 \W Honda Generator on. However, when I get my F350 I will just keep that generator in the bed of the truck and stow other stuff on the carrier.

I am sure others will chime in what they did or have, Good Luck and safe Travels !!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    The Max Vents for sure and I also run two Batteries in Parallel for the added Amp Hours. Glad to see they added the brighter colors as our 2600RB has the light colors and we love that decour. We are planning to move up to a fifth wheel in a few years and we would also want the lighter colors. We also added the Back up camera and the TPMS to monitor the tires. (Air & Temps) I beefed up my rear bumber with brackets and installed a five hundred pound capacity aluminum rear cargo carrier that I keep my 2200 \W Honda Generator on. However, when I get my F350 I will just keep that generator in the bed of the truck and stow other stuff on the carrier.

I am sure others will chime in what they did or have, Good Luck and safe Travels !!
    Have a new 2021 Ram Rebel Crew Cab 5’7” bed 5.7L 3.92 for towing. Hope that’s plenty. Says I can tow over 11,000 pounds but dealer says up to 10,000 no problem. Hoping tongue wt is close to 900-1000lbs so no sway.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you do a good PDI. We found a handful of items using a detailed checklist, including a few spots on the roof that needed more sealant. We're not big Mod fanatics, but we did add the Max Air on kitchen and bath vents (we have bedroom A/C). In the spring adding shut offs for low point drains and HWT. Also ProPride hitch is biggest mod, and we love it. My wife is my backup camera.
    Last edited by McDugals; 09-30-2021 at 07:01 AM.
    Jeff & Sherry
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2019 F150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4,
    HDPP, Max Tow, 6.5, ProPride

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast