Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool campfire firepit

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...VKO1dbEX-EGWXa

anyone use this? Looks pretty cool!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have made many a similar stove out of paint cans. The idea is very well known. Basically, the holes create a draw for oxygen that super heats the fire, burning most of the soot. Here are some DIY instructions for a small version to be used as a cook stove. To be honest, I can't stomach the idea of several hundred dollars for one, even though it looks very well made.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Woodgas-Can-Stove/
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We switched to a propane pit a few years ago. Primarily it was for two reasons. 1. Many states and forests prohibit carrying firewood that's not local. 2. No smoke odor at all.

But that one sure looks nice.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like Jim we bought one of the propane campfires this last year and it is great. We got it because there was burn bans in several of the forests we were going to camp in. It works great and I even cooked hotdogs over it!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve seen people user clothes washer tubs in the same fashion with the same results. I like a real fire, but I’ve gone to propane also for the same reasons listed.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that Solo on my Christmas wish list. I've never seen one in person but have read reviews all over the place and most are very favorable. We carry a propane fire pit in the coach but do have a few places where I would take this camping. I would use it at home mostly though. Just not having to move around from the embers and smoke chasing one makes it worth it, if it works as well as most folks say it does. The only issues I've read are regarding the stainless staining and such.

I'll let you know how it works if Santa does bring me one.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Rapid1 sounds good.....hope santa is good to you! LOL
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    We switched to a propane pit a few years ago. Primarily it was for two reasons. 1. Many states and forests prohibit carrying firewood that's not local. 2. No smoke odor at all.

But that one sure looks nice.

Jim
    The only problem with Jim's propane fire pit is that it tends to attract unsavory characters riding around in a golf cart with bottles of moonshine/wine/beer/etc.

Tom

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Years ago we used an old washer tub. The holes on the side created a neat effect and threw out lots of heat. Kinda messy to haul around though. . . .
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good sale on their site !!!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast