User Tag List

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    These pictures are from the Y section looking up towards the one rest room/wash house.

Was early Spring 2019. We go up there several times a year.

Pull throughs are nice. We tend to stay in the Y section when available and use the pavilions for our group gatherings.
    Hi Steve good to hear from you.
    There are about 13 or 14 rigs going to be there. We are in sites R V X Y and one in J. If you are around in July, come camp with us.
    John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pine Grove vs Twin Gove Campground

Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Sorry, Doug and Patti, I wasn’t attending carefully yesterday. The CG is TWIN Grove. I just saw a 4-letter prefix to “Grove” and the Pine didn’t register with me. Only concerned because of the high likelihood that there is another PA campground with that name (pretty sure there is, in the Tioga area). Look above, I think JJ has posted the name, street address, and phone.
    N
    The location is familiar to us. For those coming from the north on -81, Twin Grove Campgrounds is off the Pine Grove PA exit of I-81. We have been driving by this place since 1983 and we have ridden around there in our motorcycling days. Its a pretty nice area.
    Last edited by Dadeo6472; 03-09-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    The location is familiar to us. For those coming from the north on -81, Twin Grove Campgrounds is off the Pine Grove PA exit of I-81. We have been driving by this place since 1983 and we have ridden around there in our motorcycling days. Its a pretty nice area.
    Hi Doug and Patti.
    Did you book at Twin Grove for our Gathering? ?
    JJ
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joscelyne3 View Post
    Hi Steve good to hear from you.
    There are about 13 or 14 rigs going to be there. We are in sites R V X Y and one in J. If you are around in July, come camp with us.
    John Joscelyne
    I did consider it, but we will be in Delaware that weekend.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I did consider it, but we will be in Delaware that weekend.
    Steve,

There’s also the Ives Run weekend in June. Someone else started that one, but many of us will be there!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,

There’s also the Ives Run weekend in June. Someone else started that one, but many of us will be there!
    N
    Yep, I saw that.

Unfortunately, that is a "double whammy" weekend for me.

Graduation party and our Summer Sale.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,

N
    Is the information for gathering at Ives Run on this forum or FB?
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    Is the information for gathering at Ives Run on this forum or FB?
    Sent you a private message
    John Joscelyne

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link Nancy. I'm a maybe as of now. I need to kick it around a bit as it's further out than I have planned and I had the date you first contacted me about in mind.
    There was an old dutch hotel in Shartlesville that had an all you can eat breakfast every other Sunday. They had Tapioca Pudding with beads the size of marbles that was the highlight. When my riding buddies were still around we often made it a destination.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated 3/21 at 8;30 pm. I have to say that I am holding off on making reservations because of COVID-19. While I'd love to meet with everyone, I am not sure it would be as much fun if we were all standing 10 feet from each other around a campfire. I have to say I am not optimistic that this virus is going to disappear with the warm weather. Incidentally we are in a KOA outside of Harrisonburg VA after visiting one of our kids. While driving thru PA on I81, we saw that all the rest stops were closed off. You couldn't even pull off to rest. I don't know how the truckers like this, but I was quite annoyed. NY, MD and VA rest area parking areas were all open. Didn't even try to go in the bathrooms, so I've no idea what their status is. We are moving on to Pigeon River TN today and will return to "shut-down" NY next week. We are finding private campgrounds are open, with limited services. Gas is cheaper than I've seen in 20 years. $1.74 for unleaded gas in VA is the lowest regular gas station price I've seen. Life in Virginia and TN seems pretty normal, with the exception of bars, restaurants and colleges and schools, everything is open.

Update, evening of 3/21, Saturday. We have moved on to Pigeon River in Hartford TN. It's operating like its off offseason, full hookups and limited store hours. Its about half full or RVers. Its a nice site, except for the traffice noise on I-40.

Bathrooms at rest stops in Virginia are completely open. Never seen so much handwashing in my life.
    Last edited by Dadeo6472; 03-21-2020 at 06:44 PM. Reason: travel update
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast