User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2670MK with a Fastway E2 round bar WD/sway hitch 800# ?

Hi,
    Last year we upgraded to a Imagine 2670MK from an Imagine 2500RL. When we got the 2500 we grabbed a WDH pretty much because we figured we'd need one at some point (At the time we didn't plan on moving the trailer much). So the hitch stayed in the garage for a few years. So now we're gearing up to travel this summer and i realized that our bars are rated for 800lbs... Looks like it was borderline for the 2500 but I know the 2670 will add more than that. But the thing is, i don't know if that means the hitch is good for 8000lbs or if that number's just talking about the arms.

don't think it'll do the job. So change the arms or the the entire thing.

I'm tempted to just order this and be done with it. https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Dist...tml?etam=a0001

Eric

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eveilleu View Post
    Hi,
    Last year we upgraded to a Imagine 2670MK from an Imagine 2500RL. When we got the 2500 we grabbed a WDH pretty much because we figured we'd need one at some point (At the time we didn't plan on moving the trailer much). So the hitch stayed in the garage for a few years. So now we're gearing up to travel this summer and i realized that our bars are rated for 800lbs... Looks like it was borderline for the 2500 but I know the 2670 will add more than that. But the thing is, i don't know if that means the hitch is good for 8000lbs or if that number's just talking about the arms.

don't think it'll do the job. So change the arms or the the entire thing.

I'm tempted to just order this and be done with it. https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Dist...tml?etam=a0001

Eric
    The hitch head is fine just need new bars but likely cheaper just to buy a complete system

The E 2 isn’t the greatest hitch anyway

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    The hitch head is fine just need new bars but likely cheaper just to buy a complete system

The E 2 isn’t the greatest hitch anyway

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Thank you!

Eric