Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing Wires

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey James,
    Forcing a coat hanger through the foam is exactly what I had in mind also.
    It would be great if GD could advise on whether or not this is a viable approach.
    The near-by light is not switched elsewhere, so would be a perfect source for power.

Hey Dan,
    To add to your point, Cate has reminded me that the only way I ever read a book anymore is on my iPad . . . which doesn't need an overhead light.

It is the "principle of the thing" LOL . . . it just looks like that's where the lights should be .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's next to impossible to fish a wire thru the sandwiched ceiling, our dealer tried for an hour without success. We ended up running the wires thru a section of "Panduit" mounted to the underside of the ceiling; actually looked OK.
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sirsea,

THANKS !!!
    Now that's the first hand "experience" that makes forums like this so valuable.
    Not the answer that I wanted, but the information that I needed.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsea View Post
    It's next to impossible to fish a wire thru the sandwiched ceiling, our dealer tried for an hour without success. We ended up running the wires thru a section of "Panduit" mounted to the underside of the ceiling; actually looked OK.
    I still think the "next to impossible" is possible is possible; might take an hour an five minutes though. But on second thought, apiece oaf suspended ceiling hanger wire might be better than coat hanger straightened

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how much room you have to get access to the ceiling, but maybe a small d'versibit would work. http://www.greenlee.com/products/BIT...quot%253b.html

We use 3/8" for pulling alarm wires. Home Depot has several different sizes.

BTW, the rods flex, so you can bend them in to the area you need to get access.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If remove the light fixture above the theater seats not just the lenses you will see a wiring chase that goes to the right that should intercept the front right corner of the overhead cabinet. This is where it gets kind of lucky mine came in at the inside corner . Drill a hole from that upper right inside corner of that cabinet into the ceiling and toward that chase and you should intercept the chase.wiring can be fished thru the chase from the light to the cabinet.I used plastic communication wire mould down a cross the cabinet inside face to drop thru the bottom of the cabinet to mount dimmable aircraft seating led lights. They are similar to those on a cosmetic as l flight

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Rob. Those walls are a pressure fitted sandwich product. That's why GD doesn't run wires in them for exterior light switches.
    Well, actually, Grand Design does wire them slide out walls. My 367BHS had a switch in the dinette slide-out side wall to operate the awning on that slide. It also had a switch below the awning switch to operate the light above the table. They are finding a way to do it, so it must be able to be done. Maybe the wiring tunnels were molded into the styro-foam?
    MichiganMarty
    2002 GMC 2500HD DuraMax
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Upgraded 2014 337RLS to a 2019 311BHS, Then Upgraded 2019 311BHS to 2020 367BHS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12