User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale B View Post
    The non -AD version will not support lithium, it's max charge voltage is 13.6vdc. That's the minimum for lithium. I measured the non -AD charge voltage after discharging the lithium batteries to approx. 80% 7 it was 13.1-132vdc. lithium's will not charge @ that voltage.

Non -AD version is using AGM & LA charge profiles, so it will partially charge the lithium's. Not fully.

Build date for ours was the end of Feb. 2022, the WFCO inverter has a display panel.

Have you chatted Jaboni on the phone, I found them very helpful as WFCO was.
    That was confirmed by WFCO and BB which is why I installed a Progressive Dynamics charger when we took delivery. Have not been able to get a call back from Jaboni - left multiple voicemails. Your LCD screen connects to WFCO inverter or Jaboni solar charger?
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale B View Post
    The non -AD version will not support lithium, it's max charge voltage is 13.6vdc. That's the minimum for lithium. I measured the non -AD charge voltage after discharging the lithium batteries to approx. 80% 7 it was 13.1-132vdc. lithium's will not charge @ that voltage.

Non -AD version is using AGM & LA charge profiles, so it will partially charge the lithium's. Not fully.

Build date for ours was the end of Feb. 2022, the WFCO inverter has a display panel.

Have you chatted Jaboni on the phone, I found them very helpful as WFCO was.

Again - New Guy Question. By your comment, I am interpreting that the WFCO WF-5220 Inverter is the battery charger when connected to shore power, am I interpreting that correctly. As I read the WFCO Manunal, I did not pick up on that. It appeared DC was an input as I did not see anywhere on the Spec sheet or in the manual for DC Output.
    Clark and Jane (& Riley our Chocolate Lab)
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R, Solar Package, Slide Toppers, ABS
    2022 Silverado 3500HD SRW 8' High Country, B&W Companion 20K Hitch
    Previous Rigs: 2016 Cross Roads Sunset by THOR - 250RB, 2016 2500 HD Double Cab Gas

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @crv0262

The inverter and the charger/converter are two different things. The inverter takes DC power and makes it into AC power. The charger/converter takes shore power (AC) and converts it into 12-volt DC for use by the 12-volt system in the coach as well as charging the battery.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    @crv0262

The inverter and the charger/converter are two different things. The inverter takes DC power and makes it into AC power. The charger/converter takes shore power (AC) and converts it into 12-volt DC for use by the 12-volt system in the coach as well as charging the battery.
    That is what I assumed as well, my question was on the WFCO WF-5220 vs the WF-5220-AD. Maybe I was misunderstanding the difference between the 5220 and the 5220-AD as it relates to battery source (vs Battery as a destination of charge)

C-
    Previous Rigs: 2016 Cross Roads Sunset by THOR - 250RB, 2016 2500 HD Double Cab Gas

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crv0262 View Post
    That is what I assumed as well, my question was on the WFCO WF-5220 vs the WF-5220-AD. Maybe I was misunderstanding the difference between the 5220 and the 5220-AD as it relates to battery source (vs Battery as a destination of charge)

C-
    If I'm not mistaken, the "AD" stands for auto-detect, meaning that it detects whether your batteries are lead-acid or lithium. All converter-chargers charge the batteries. All inverters take DC and produce AC to power things like outlets when not on shore power.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C-
    A simple google search brings up the manufactures web page for the WF-5220. The manufacture lists this as an "Inverter" with "DC Input Voltage:
    DC Input Voltage 12V DC"

I believe they have a mistake on their web site as it lists both

Input Voltage/Hz 120 VAC, 60 Hz
    Input Voltage Range 10-16 VDC

The AC input is incorrect. This is an inverter.

I could not find a "-AD" suffix verion of this device and that makes sense (only the non -AD version exists).

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for your help! My appologies, I was confusing @ajg617 discussion on the converter, with the inverter. Both are WFCO products. the Inverter is the WF-5220, Not exactly sure the model number of the converter that has two different approaches, one auto-detect that supports lithium and one non-auto detect that does not appear to support lithium.

I was able to validate my theory of the emergency brake controller draining the batteries, tonight when I arrived both batteries were at a full charge. Thank you all for the help and education. Now the test will be, how long will the Deep Cells last, now that they have been fully discharged multiple times and then recharged. I have a two hour trip tomorrow where I will have the residential fridge on the inverter, very curious if the batteries last. I know I can calculate the amp hours the Fridge should require, what I am not sure is the effeciency of the batteries at this time.

This weekends task will be installing the shunt, this will help me stay on top of the power usage!

Thanks all

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the help, education and suggestions. Your insights help me get quickly educatged in how this 5th wheel electric works.

I believe I figured out my issue. All Components seem to be working correctly and appear to be properly wired.

When my "dealer" delivered my unit to the Storage Facility, the Dealer rep recommended that I pull the emergency brake-away "key" and store it in the pass through department. His words "this will make the trailer unmovable, when they dont have the brake-away key."

What it really does, when removed, is applies power to the magnets to apply the brakes - meaning, as long as there is battery power - the brakes will be applied. Draining my batteries overnight.

I have high confidence when I get to the trailer tomorrow night - with the small charge I applied to the batteries tonight and a day of solar, without a drain on the system, that my batteries will have more charge then they had when I left tonight

Thanks!
    I think you should pull at least one wheel to check that the magnets are not burned up.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123