User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    To Clark Redfield. Do you know how to use a voltage meter and how your RV is wired? If not then you need more information before you start trying to test voltages on a hot pedestal. The reason I ask is from your response you said “What and where is the pedistal breaker? ” To follow xrated instructions you need to know which hole L1, L2, Neutral and Ground are on your shore power receptacle and on the trailer end of your power cord as well as how to set the meter.
    Very true.....sometimes I take things for granted or assume.....good catch @Always Learning
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Redfield View Post
    Reflections 29RS
    The Microwave the 120 system on the refrigerator and the fire place all stopped working when we first plugged in at a site
    The AC is working fine
    I see no blown switches in the power panel for any of the none working appliances

Please help

Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Redfield View Post
    What and where is the pedistal breaker?

There are a few other 120 outlet not in the slide out that are now not working.

The cord is plugged in and the ring is tight

Thanks
    Clark
    Have you checked the GFCI outlet which is usually in the bathroom to see if it is tripped?
    Russ
    2023 Transcend Xplor 297QB
    2017 Silverado 1500
    Blue Ox hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by russhd1997 View Post
    Have you checked the GFCI outlet which is usually in the bathroom to see if it is tripped?
    Most of those items aren’t on a GFCI circuit.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clark,
    I had the same problem, and an electrician friend found why. The microwave is fed from wiring within the frame of the RF. You don't say what year you have. Mine is a 2015 29RES. There is a Molex connector that if fried and that was subject to a recall for 2016 and later. The Molex connectors are not waterproof and therefore water enters and shorts it out creating a fire hazard. Unfortunately, mine has the same connector and is not covered by the recall even though I contacted GD and pointed out the hazard. Never got any reply even after multiple emails. You will need to drop the coroplast beneath the frame to access the connector. Look for the location that the slide wiring enters the coroplast and unfasten enough of them to be able to pull out the wires. Once you pull them you cut out the Molex and substitute a regular residential electrical box with a sealed lid. I've attached a photo of the fried Molex connector.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1279.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	43421. Presumably the fireplace is fed by the same unit in yours. Mine was not and my fireplace quit due to moisture getting into the outlet in the space behind the fireplace. It was facing up and collected condensation which shorted it out. I moved mine up off the floor so it wouldn't happen again. See attached photo of old outlet.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0521.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	43422

hope you get it fixed,

Ian
    Ian
    2015 Reflection 29RES
    2013 RAM 3500 HD long box SRW
    British Columbia, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello -
    Try finding the 120 volt outlet that has the GFCI "reset." There is usually only one GFCI reset for all 120 volt outlets.
    Good luck.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GFCI in 2018 29 rs

Quote Originally Posted by russhd1997 View Post
    My 29rs 2018 has 3 1 bathroom /2 front compartment /3 in the slide compartment that has outside tv ,small elect icebox,inside coach fireplace,ice box .GFIC is under outside tv on wall ,mine trip and killed the tv ,fireplace and outside ice box don't know if it killed inside ice box didn't check .

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 29rs 2018 has 3 1 bathroom /2 front compartment /3 in the slide compartment that has outside tv ,small elect icebox,inside coach fireplace,ice box .GFIC is under outside tv on wall ,mine trip and killed the tv ,fireplace and outside ice box don't know if it killed inside ice box didn't check .

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Check that the pedestal breaker is on and that the power cord is fully inserted in the trailer and the ring is tightened.
    Just a few weeks ago we has a sire burn off the receptacle in the pedestal. I let the nice park lady use my electrical tools because the ones she had looked like they came in a kiddy toolbox. I stopped her from putting a #12 white wire from the 30 amp breaker to the 30 amp receptacle. I tightened the connections to >my< torque specs as she was barely getting them snug. If the pedestal box is getting hot the problem is starting there.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    To Clark Redfield. Do you know how to use a voltage meter and how your RV is wired? If not then you need more information before you start trying to test voltages on a hot pedestal. The reason I ask is from your response you said “What and where is the pedistal breaker? ” To follow xrated instructions you need to know which hole L1, L2, Neutral and Ground are on your shore power receptacle and on the trailer end of your power cord as well as how to set the meter.
    AND, very rarely will your meter leads actually be long enough to reach into the holes in the receptacle. To measure the voltage in a 30 or 50 amp receptacle really requires experience and being very careful. Slightly pull the plug out of the receptacle until you can see the metal prongs from the side. THEN you can CAREFULLY touch the leads to the prongs to get your measurements. OR find an electrician friend to help/show you the first time.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 Fifth wheel Reflection that had a similar problem. In the outlet beside the couch closest to the fireplace was a connection to the run going to the slide. One of the wires going to that run had pulled loose in that outlet. You could try looking at it and make sure everything is connected and making contact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12