User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22MLE dinette seat back cushions forever falling down

Does anyone have a good fix to keep 22MLE dinette seat back cushions in place? Ours are constantly falling down. Like even if you prop it up in place and don't touch it, it will fall down again within a few minutes. There is a band of material around the top and side of the seat back that seems to be what should keep the cushion in place, but fails miserably at it. The cushion is double sided and reversible, so putting on something sticky on one side would defeat that.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvestmoon View Post
    Does anyone have a good fix to keep 22MLE dinette seat back cushions in place? Ours are constantly falling down. Like even if you prop it up in place and don't touch it, it will fall down again within a few minutes. There is a band of material around the top and side of the seat back that seems to be what should keep the cushion in place, but fails miserably at it. The cushion is double sided and reversible, so putting on something sticky on one side would defeat that.
    How about putting some velcro between the cushions? Are they flat on the sides?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    @Harvestmoon

That would be my suggestion too. Try the Velcro on the top or sides of the cushion and the receiving part of the Velcro on the band of material that is supposed to hold it in place.

I’ve seen another owner awhile ago say that the band on their 22mle did not come out far enough to grab/hold the cushion. If yours is like that you may need to remove the band and reposition it.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    That's what I did with ours. 2 strips of about 2" each on the top of each cushion. Works great.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    @Harvestmoon
    I’ve seen another owner awhile ago say that the band on their 22mle did not come out far enough to grab/hold the cushion. If yours is like that you may need to remove the band and reposition it.
    Ours is like that also. One under the mirror holds fine but the opposite one does not due to that reason.
    It's on the "list" for fixes.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bob View Post
    Ours is like that also. One under the mirror holds fine but the opposite one does not due to that reason.
    It's on the "list" for fixes.
    Ya ours is going back to the dealer for some other tweaks too so maybe we'll give them a crack at this before we go to a self fix.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used 1 1/2" Velcro in the past. Reversible cushion becomes problematic. Might try Velcro at "ends" but it would be weak. On my 2670MK model, the cushion tucks under a 1/2" overhang 'top rail' to help hold in place . . . thus, a temporary SHIM at bottom of cushion would help overhang to tighten up. Lastly, open cushion cover and adjust foam to stay in place.
    2018 Chevy Silverado 1500. Tow package (axel 2.42) 5.3L
    2023 Grand Design "Imagine" Model 2670 MK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m having this issue too, but our cushions aren’t reversible. Velcro affixes to the seat back, but not to the cushion fabric. Any other hacks?
    2018 Toyota Tacoma
    2023 Imagine XLS 21BHE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our new 2024 22MLE came with velcro strips on the seat backs from the factory.
    2024 Imagine 22MLE
    Towed by 2017 Ram 2500 6.7l
    Hitched by Hensley

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought that I am going to try on our 2800BH. On the inside of the fabric glue a small magnet, then glue another magnet on the backboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast