User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dloase View Post
    2014 369RL. I am not a hydraulic guy by any means. I’ve noticed lately I am having issues with my 6 point leveling. When I go to raise the camper my system makes a clicking sound but nothing happens. If I retract, then raise it works fine. Forget auto level. It starts and then the clicking sound. Fluid level is good. Relay? Solenoid? I’m clueless. Any help or ideas would be extremely helpful.
    I had the exact same thing happen to me, turns out it was the relay.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    I had the exact same thing happen to me, turns out it was the relay.
    Bungy, thanks for your reply. Sorry, I am not a mechanical guy. What do you mean by “the relay”? John
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not exactly sure, that's what the repair facility told me. Works fine now

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a relay for each jack or just one? My jacks (50% of the time) are not retracting when I press retract all. Mostly the left front and I hear one click, press retract all again, hear a click, press it a third time and it goes all the way up. Sometimes, the rears don't retract on one side or the other but haven't noticed any relay clicking.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Is there a relay for each jack or just one? My jacks (50% of the time) are not retracting when I press retract all. Mostly the left front and I hear one click, press retract all again, hear a click, press it a third time and it goes all the way up. Sometimes, the rears don't retract on one side or the other but haven't noticed any relay clicking.
    Just one on mine.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance of narrowing down the location of the "clicking"? Might give you a better idea of the origination of it.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will try again with the front compartment open. When the rear or sides don't retract, I'm not noticing any clicks - just the left front but I am standing next to the left front pressing the buttons which could be deceiving. Doesn't seem to be temperature related. LF didn't retract when we got home last night and temps were 60F. Did or didn't happen at 34F - not consistent at all. Happens with shore power connected or not and again inconsistent. So far, LF, RM, and LR seem to have had the issue and they all take 3 presses to raise and they stop at about the same distance from full retract.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Any chance of narrowing down the location of the "clicking"? Might give you a better idea of the origination of it.
    Hoopy, if you are replying to me, as someone stated above, when it first happened, I thought it was coming from the RF jack. But I tried to to listen more carefully this last time. Unfortunately my answer would be “somewhere up front.” It seems to come from the RF and LF jacks, as well as the inside right side of the front storage compartment. As you probably know already, this are inside the front storage compartment is where the hydraulic pump and the dual-polarity solenoid is.
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoopy,

CORRECTION: when I first experienced it, I thought it was coming from the LF, NOT RF jack. Sorry for the confusion.

John
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    Curt A20 Slider

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friends, especially @Second Chance, @JCR GD, @Viper02, @Hoopy Frood, and @Keebler (I am sure I am missing others),

As a reminder, I have been dealing with several performance issues with my Lippert Six-point Hydraulic Level-up System. Loud popping, screeching, sagging front jacks after they have been raised, and, most recently, loud, rapid clicking noise coming from somewhere up front when the front landing jacks began to raise the front end.

What things did I do: added anti-stiction fluid, replaced the front legs’ cartridge valve, tightened the set screw of the cartridge valve (servicing dealer did not do that when they installed the replacement that I sourced for them when they said it was on an eight-week backlog), replaced 18-month old 12V battery, added a second 12V battery on a parallel connection, and replaced the dual polarity solenoid. Also had five conversations with reps from Lippert. But most importantly, I asked you guys for help…and you did.

Just finished running from Hilton Head to Chattanooga. Ratchet strapped front two landing jacks. They appear to have stayed up without pushing down. But big moment of truth came when it was time to level. I decided to level again using the manual process. Drum roll please: absolutely no rapid clicking! None. Nada.

My plan will be to save any stress testing and further investigating until we are snuggly on the driveway at home. But for now, I am celebrating. Too early to declare victory but I maybe will get some sleep tonight.

But before I go, I cannot thank each you guys enough for your willingness to help me. I know there are a few others who I have not listed above. Please know that I am still very much in your debt too.

John
    Last edited by JohnnyBadger; 11-02-2022 at 03:04 PM.
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    Curt A20 Slider

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast