User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing the number of folks who are having these roof issues - and GD doesn't have a corner on the market. I initially joined this post (see post #13 ) and this past August, had a new roof installed by RV Roof Install. Reached out to GD one more time and they declined any assistance. At their direction, my NC dealer had already installed two roofs after the initial factory install started to bubble. The dealer installs were terrible and resulted in more bubbles, screws/staples popping through the membrane, etc. So instead of messing with this anymore, we bit the bullet and went off to RV Roof Install. I'm glad we went that route as the camper now has new decking that is glued down and some of the broken ductwork was repaired. Fortunately we had no water damage. Joe, the owner of RV Roof Install is the gent doing all the video's. His commentary is a little long winded but he is a wealth of good information having installed commercial grade roofs on buildings for 20 years.

Our video is at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCqQgmdlVCc

If that doesn't work, RV Roof Install has a Youtube channel and our video is the "36Ft Grand Design Reflection New TPO Roof and Re Deck" done in August 2022.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear your roof blew off, I would be very skeptical of G.D's replacement as that might blow off also I would do a search on you tube for a person that had a repairman come right to their site and put a new roof on (one that will not blow off) and charge it to G.D.
    I hate to hear of such poor workmanship all over 😢. I have a 22 (315 RLST) bumper pull and have worried about this nightmare but so far have not had it on the road yet but have used it a lot.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the 5ers this is a very common problem. The "smoking gun" is the aluminum strip that holds down top of front cap where it meets the roof. Seems air is passing thru the pinbox, going UNDER the cap and up to the roof. If that aluminum strip is not holding the roof membrane down, that rushing air goes right under the strip then hits the edge of membrane until it eventually gets under the membrane. Tow behind trailers do not have a pinbox so air would not have a predictable path to get under the front cap.
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    For the 5ers this is a very common problem. The "smoking gun" is the aluminum strip that holds down top of front cap where it meets the roof. Seems air is passing thru the pinbox, going UNDER the cap and up to the roof. If that aluminum strip is not holding the roof membrane down, that rushing air goes right under the strip then hits the edge of membrane until it eventually gets under the membrane. Tow behind trailers do not have a pinbox so air would not have a predictable path to get under the front cap.
    An old friend that also was our go to dealer for years until they sold out said the same thing, It's coming up through the pin box. I had a bubble issue on out last unit and I pull out the part of the closet ( that shoe thing at the bottom) and stuffed it tight with insulation across the front. I'm sure it wasnt solid but it sure significantly cut down the amount of air that could make its way to the top.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We lost a roof on our move from Florida to Georgia. It was covered by Grand Design, but did take a few months to get it back

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567