Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leveling system

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leveling system

I have a 2015 303rls fifthwheel and I keep getting an error on the leveling system when trying to level. Keeps telling me there is an error with the left front level jack. It tell me to hit enter to clear error but it does not clear it. What should I do to clear the error.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ramman2500 - I have tagged Emily Stahley (Grand Design representative) to your post. In the mean time, you can try calling for assistance at the following numbers:

Lippert - 574-537-8900

Grand Design Customer Service: 574-825-8900

When you call, have your VIN handy along with the type of leveling system you have.

Jim

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramman2500 View Post
    I have a 2015 303rls fifthwheel and I keep getting an error on the leveling system when trying to level. Keeps telling me there is an error with the left front level jack. It tell me to hit enter to clear error but it does not clear it. What should I do to clear the error.
    Had the same issue, believe it was due to a battery issue ie had disconnect off, if you are able to drop the jacks at least 6 inches, so that all jacks are then retracted at least 6 inches to full retract it can be cleared. It’s in the lippert manual . The error messages were confusing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramman2500 View Post
    Good morning!

When you get an individual jack error that means that motor has lost count of the other motors. All the motors on this system work together, through a hall effect signal. In order to clear the error you will need to run the jacks down manually (you can do this in manual mode) to at least 4-6" from full retract. Then you will press and hold the retract button until the motors start to run and raise all the jacks up. It will look scary because it will lower the nose of your coach to the ground, or to where your drop legs are extended. Be sure to bring up your step and remove anything from under your nose, or coach so nothing gets damaged.

Once it does that it will say ready jacks up. You can then run the front jacks down so your nose is high, and then you can press auto level!

IF YOU HAVE 6 JACKS INSTEAD OF 4...... to run the center jacks down manually you press the left and right buttons at the same time and it will drop the center jacks. Be sure those are run down 4-6" as well before hitting retract. This is the ONLY time you will be able to operate the center jacks manually

Hope this helps!

Emily

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    Good morning!

When you get an individual jack error that means that motor has lost count of the other motors. All the motors on this system work together, through a hall effect signal. In order to clear the error you will need to run the jacks down manually (you can do this in manual mode) to at least 4-6" from full retract. Then you will press and hold the retract button until the motors start to run and raise all the jacks up. It will look scary because it will lower the nose of your coach to the ground, or to where your drop legs are extended. Be sure to bring up your step and remove anything from under your nose, or coach so nothing gets damaged.

Once it does that it will say ready jacks up. You can then run the front jacks down so your nose is high, and then you can press auto level!

IF YOU HAVE 6 JACKS INSTEAD OF 4...... to run the center jacks down manually you press the left and right buttons at the same time and it will drop the center jacks. Be sure those are run down 4-6" as well before hitting retract. This is the ONLY time you will be able to operate the center jacks manually

Hope this helps!

Emily
    Emily said it way better

2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tortise View Post
    Emily said it way better

LOL why thank you.... I am fairly positive I can recite that in my sleep!
    Have a great night!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the instructions, Emily! Can we do this while hitched up? It would seem to be safer that way so the nose doesn't go so far down. We did our shake down cruise a couple of weekends ago and had this issue, so we need to fix it as well.
    Alan & Helen Buckner
    Houston, Texas - Weekenders now; full timers in 3 years!
    2019 Reflection 337RLS with Reese Goosebox and Champion 3400W Generator
    2017 Ford F350 Lariat Diesel 4x4 SRW with B&W Turnoverball Hitch + 4" extender

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuckners View Post
    Thank you for the instructions, Emily! Can we do this while hitched up? It would seem to be safer that way so the nose doesn't go so far down. We did our shake down cruise a couple of weekends ago and had this issue, so we need to fix it as well.
    Don't think that will work as the nose needs to dip very low, being hitched would prevent this.
    rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can work while hitched, as long as the jacks can travel > 6 inches. Don't need to worry about dipping to low though as long as the truck is clear!
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    Don't think that will work as the nose needs to dip very low, being hitched would prevent this.
    rich
    Actually you can do it hitched up as long as the jacks traveling the 4-6" does not pick the truck and trailer up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast