Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, after installing the lifting blocks I can give you some advice that might make it go a little faster for you. My u bolt nuts were on very tight making it impossible for me to get the nuts off without the use of a impact gun. Of course there was not enough room to get the gun in there so I dropped the axle to get additional access. I also decided to do one side at a time which proved to be a bad idea. With one side of the trailer jacked up the other side put too much pressure on the axle making it difficult to re-install the leaf springs after adding the lift blocks. Do yourself a favor and spend the time to jack it up such that the axles are off the ground. I don't have any of those fancy levels on my rig so I did the old fashion way using a bottle jack and jack stands.

A word to the wise, after pulling one hub to do a inspection the seals had broke and my brakes were coated with grease. Installing the lift blocks ended up including a complete clean, repack and seal replacement along with new brakes. I installed the self adjusting brakes as they were only $20 a set more expensive. My 4 hour lift block install ended up being two days! But, as my wife would tell you thats pretty typical with my cost and time estimates.
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    There is a company in Tucson that reports it can perform axle bending/alignment on axles up to 20,000 pounds. I used them once before to have overload springs installed on a 1/2 ton pickup. I'm going to schedule an appointment with them after I install the suspension lifting blocks. I'll let you know how it comes out.

http://arizonaspring.com/wheel-alignment.html

Jim
    Jim - I was planning to call Arizona Spring. I measured the axle width on both sides (leading edge of wheel bearing cover to leading edge of wheel bearing cover) and found them to be 1/4-inch different (35 1/8 and 35 3/8 inches). Searched the forum and found this thread. An earlier post stated that getting with a 1/4-inch may be the best we can expect. What are your thoughts on that as well as AZ Springs? Thanks!
    2019 GD Imagine 2600RB
    Maxxis M8008 ST Radial 225/75R-15 E 10-ply tires
    MoRryde CRE2-35 CRE3000 w/ wet bolt kit & X-Factor cross-member
    Furrion Observation camera with 5-inch monitor
    Equalizer WDH 1,000/10,000

2018 Toyota Tundra SR5 Extended Cab
    Michelin Defender LTX E-rated tires
    RoadMaster Active Suspension (in lieu of TRD sway bar and airbags)
    BakFLip MX4 hard-folding tonneau cover
    Putco Blade LED Tailgate Light Bar
    Westin stainless R7 running boards

Southern Arizona - We're close to Tombstone and can see Mexico (Mt. San Jose) from our backyard.
    US Army, Retired

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123