Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie to Grand Design Family

We just purchased our first GD, it is a 2670 Imagine TT. We have had numerous RV's in the past including a TT Toy Hauler, a FW Toy Hauler and a Winnebago 40ft motorhome, so RVing is not new to us. We have just been on a break for about 5 years and can't wait to get into meeting so many good people...as we have in the past. One issue I am having is a considerable amount of trailer sway. My TV is a 2018 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Crew Cab equipped with the Max Tow package that is rated to tow 12,400lbs. The trailer weighs 7200lbs empty (I have not had a chance to weigh at scales yet, but doubt I have added more that 600lbs of stuff, 300 in trailer, 300 in front storage). I have a 10,000lbs Equilizer weight distribution hitch (set up by dealer 3 different times) and I am still getting a crazy amount of sway. Open to any and all ideas. Thanks. See ya on the road

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and Congrats .... on your new trailer ....
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I towed a 28 ft trailer with a 2013 f-150 Eco Boost with an equalizer hitch and never had any problems with sway. I looked at the trailer you have and I think you are about 30 ft. long. The length could be the problem but my guess is the hitch adjustment still is not right. My wheelbase was 156 in. if yours is shorter that could also be the problem.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I do have the shorter 145" wheelbase, and I also realize that could be part of the problem. But I have read many, many threads where others are towing the same trailer with the same or similarly equipped TV without such a dramatic sway issue. I'm hoping it's just another adjustment the dealer needs to make on the WD bar set-up. They have had the trailer for almost 2 weeks now. At first they told me the axle was possibly mounted crooked, but now tell me they have measured the unit and it does meet the specs so it's not the axle configuration. So we are just waiting for another call...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the party. Sounds like and adjustment problem as others have said. Good Luck!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyHauler View Post
    Yes, I do have the shorter 145" wheelbase, and I also realize that could be part of the problem. But I have read many, many threads where others are towing the same trailer with the same or similarly equipped TV without such a dramatic sway issue. I'm hoping it's just another adjustment the dealer needs to make on the WD bar set-up. They have had the trailer for almost 2 weeks now. At first they told me the axle was possibly mounted crooked, but now tell me they have measured the unit and it does meet the specs so it's not the axle configuration. So we are just waiting for another call...
    Just another thought at only 600 lbs of gear there just might not be enough weight in the trailer which would help stabilize it some.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyHauler View Post
    The 2670 is a bit light on the tongue. Try putting more weight on the tongue and see if that improves things.