User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grey Tanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Tanks

I have never had 2 gray tanks, our first weekend out one tank is 3/4 full #2 is a 1/4. My question is will the tanks equalize when when one gets full? Thanks

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One should be the kitchen sink, the other one should be the bathroom sink and shower. They do not equalize. Just depends on how many showers you take compared to how many dishes you wash.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milehiaz View Post
    I have never had 2 gray tanks, our first weekend out one tank is 3/4 full #2 is a 1/4. My question is will the tanks equalize when when one gets full? Thanks
    No, the two tanks do not equalize (on their own). There are people on this forum that have installed some sort of valve that allows this, however. Hopefully one of them will show up here and explain.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milehiaz View Post
    place one of these on your discharge pipe https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-.../dp/B000BGHYJS
    Close the Valterra and then open both gray tank valves. The 2 tanks should then equalize.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a valve like this to equalize the tanks. https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-.../dp/B000BGHYJS Leave it closed and open the two gray tanks, stuff flows between them. It's also good as a safety valve in case in of your gate valves leaks, or someone accidentally bumps or pulls one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    place one of these on your discharge pipe https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-.../dp/B000BGHYJS
    Close the Valterra and then open both gray tank valves. The 2 tanks should then equalize.
    I just took our 344GK out for the first time and put the Valterra vave on there. When I went to open the two gray tanks to level them out - it did not work. I'm not sure why it did not work as it worked with my Reflection 315RLTS but no such luck on my Solitude 344GK. I have a list of items needing warranty work and will add this one to the list. Seems odd that it didn't equalize the two tanks.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    I just took our 344GK out for the first time and put the Valterra vave on there. When I went to open the two gray tanks to level them out - it did not work. I'm not sure why it did not work as it worked with my Reflection 315RLTS but no such luck on my Solitude 344GK. I have a list of items needing warranty work and will add this one to the list. Seems odd that it didn't equalize the two tanks.
    Is it possible the gray tanks are on different levels?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    You may be getting nervous about something that will not matter in the long run. I did the valterra valve trick with mine and they have never equalized on the panel lights. As a matter of fact those panel lights have been all over the map, so the only thing I use them for is an indicator of what MIGHT be in the tanks. I did an experiment after both greys read as full and found that we were able to take four more quickie showers and four dish washes before the water backed up in the shower pan. Another advantage is that the drain lines will give you some added capacity.

I did do that with the greys, but I don't think I will do it with the black !!!!
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 375, the kitchen sink grey tank is mounted above the shower/bathroom sink grey tank. These tanks cannot be equalized as gravity will completely fill the lower tank.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Is it possible the gray tanks are on different levels?
    I didn't even think of that. You are correct. The kitchen sink is on the first level and the bathroom is on the second level. Geez, I feel...stupid..lol.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast