User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone Stay At Indian Flat RV campground / Yosemite National Park

Planning our 2021 vacation to Sequoia NP, Yosemite for 4 nights then over to Monterey.

In need of RV recommendations (Pro or Con) with Indian flat RV campground.

The reviews for this park clearly state small RV sites, not a show stopper, understand we will be traveling with our Solitude 310 also questioning CA 140 and if there are any concerns that may need to be considered getting to this park…?

Any information on this park would be greatly appreciated...
    🏔 2 🏖

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still looking for someone's recommendation, Pro or Con.
    🏔 2 🏖

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM 2500 CTD View Post
    Still looking for someone's recommendation, Pro or Con.
    Since no one has chipped in, researched this place for our trip 2 years ago. Eliminated it quickly reviews and google earth did not look favorable. stayed at Thousand Trails facility in Hardin flats near Northwest entrance, also not the greatest but servicable. There are 2-3 others along that road (140 I believe.)
    Good luck
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tortise View Post
    Since no one has chipped in, researched this place for our trip 2 years ago. Eliminated it quickly reviews and google earth did not look favorable. stayed at Thousand Trails facility in Hardin flats near Northwest entrance, also not the greatest but servicable. There are 2-3 others along that road (140 I believe.)
    Good luck
    Thanks for the reply Tortise, as noted the reviews are mostly tent campers and needing rig owners to chime in to better understand if this should be completely taken off the list of opportunity's.
    🏔 2 🏖

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planning our 2021 vacation to Sequoia NP, Yosemite for 4 nights then over to Monterey.

The reviews for this park clearly state small RV sites, not a show stopper, understand we will be traveling with our Solitude 310 also questioning CA 140 and if there are any concerns that may need to be considered getting to this park…?

Paul @Poppy's 5th Wheel has shared over the years his trips to the Yosemite area. Maybe Paul will chime in.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Paul @Poppy's 5th Wheel has shared over the years his trips to the Yosemite area. Maybe Paul will chime in.

Dan
    We're regular visitors to Yosemite but =, to be honest, I have yet to find a place I like for camping in our 5th wheel. We have not stayed at Indian Flats but it sure doesn't read out very appealing. We have stayed at the Thousand Trails CG off the 120 and didn't like the CG at all. We did enjoy some trout fishing in the stream behind the CG but not the CG itself. The sites for members are a little nicer but not much. We've found a few sites inside the park that would fit our trailer (and yours too) but getting a reservation and moving around in the CG is a bit difficult so we just gave up on the idea. The last few years we have resorted to staying in Lee Vining and staying around the east side and Tuolumne Meadows.

All that said, if I wanted to visit the Valley I would choose Indian Flats over Thousand Trails and just realize you're just going to be sleeping in your trailer but spending your days in the park. Oh, and it should be no problem getting to the CG with your rig and then driving into the park is a piece of cake.

The entire area is really lacking in quality RV Parks close to the Park for sure but this is true of many if not most of the National Parks in my opinion.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    just realize you're just going to be sleeping in your trailer but spending your days in the park. Oh, and it should be no problem getting to the CG with your rig and then driving into the park is a piece of cake.
    My thoughts exactly Poppy...

Thank you for the explanation on driving to the park, gives me a little more confidence traveling to this park once I'm committed on a timeframe
    🏔 2 🏖