Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    @chrisopy,

The brass fitting in the picture is a Pex fitting. The “barbs” that you see are sized for Pex tubing and are too small for the soft hose . . . which is the problem in the first place. If the leak is coming from under the black plastic fitting, replace just the rubber cone washer and you will likely solve the problem.

As to how to communicate through this forum . . . I used to be a lot more involved than I am now. I used to receive email notification of questions, but this seems to have gone away. Send me a PM (private message) if I don’t see your questions.

Rob
    Ok, I understand now. I was wondering how to connect the soft hose to the PEX if I have to do that, but went back to the first page and looked more closely at the new parts laid out in the picture. I see I can use a 1/2" OD barbed fitting for the hose. I thought the picture you sent me was the same, but see it has a smaller OD for the barbed part. Thanks a lot and PM sent about your truck in your signature.
    Last edited by chrisopy; 04-29-2020 at 06:41 PM.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
    @chrisopy , Something that you can try is using a Pex connector, hook a Pex line to the soft line and then with some help try feeding it through and see if you can replace it that way. If it isn't making any hard turns, then you just might slay the dragon that way.
    I'd just have to find out where the other end goes and disconnect it. Being that the hot water tank and kitchen island are near each other it may be easy, but I rather first just try another fitting before replacing the whole line if that's what you were referring to.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123