User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The day is shot either way for me. Unless there is something I'm stopping for I'll drive through out the day. I have little desire to stop somewhere, stare at the walls only to go to bed and do it again the next day. We usually run 500 to 700 miles per day on travel days and stay 2 to three days in between travel days. We've done as much as 950 in a day but not what we shoot for
    Last edited by Aridon; 11-09-2020 at 06:42 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our parameters are 350 miles or 6 hours (which ever comes first) for when we are traveling point A to point B. When touring, it varies a lot, but not to exceed the overall parameters.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a rule, we don't like traveling further than 250 to 275 miles or 4 hours, when towing. This past summer due to circumstances beyond our control, we had to reroute due to multiple accidents and we ended up towing for over 8 hours. Ideally I like to keep it to around 3 hours, especially when going from campsite to campsite. Typically on travel day, we'll get up, eat breakfast and get the inside of the trailer ready for the move. We try not to make any noise outside until at least 9AM or later. So we're usually not ready to leave a campsite until around 10AM. Then we drive to next site, say for 3 or 4 hours away and we'll get there around 2PM. This way we can unhitch and be all setup so we have time to relax before we start diner.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've done a couple of 6500 mile trips now. I'd say the most I can drive a day is about 5 hours, and preferably not on consecutive days. It's just too tiring and beside, my buttocks (Forrest Gump voice) hurt after a few hours of sitting!
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently still have a job that makes us into road warriors at times. Building a retirement home in NW Arkansas, so trips from SoCal to AR (1538 miles one way) work out to 3 nights on the road. Try to keep to a max of 450 or so miles.....a lot depends on where we want to stay for the night.

Presumably after retirement we'll take it a bit more slow and deliberate.
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've done Palm Springs, CA to Bend, OR non-stop several times. It's about 950 miles and 17 hours when towing the RV. As much as I don't like sitting around a random RV park part way home, I don't really enjoy long days on the road either. So... we've started splitting this trip up into smaller pieces. We now try to do around 6 hours a day max. It takes longer to get from one place to another but we're retired and full time now so we can take as long as we want.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless there's something to visit, we plan for 4 to 6 hrs days split in 2 with a 30-45min break in between. Distance varies, too many variables here. If there's enough to visit, then we'll stay 2 or more days depending. If going from a to b over multiple days then we stay 1 night but 2 on the 3rd stop. Those this make since? It does in my head at least. Lol

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    Am new to Rving. Know a couple of folks who do it and they both say about six hours of towing is their limit per day. Additionally, they say they would prefer to stay at least two days when they do stop. This certainly makes cross country travel take a while.

Have yet to take a trip that required more than this, but would like to take extended trip out west, next spring.

What is a reasonable number of days for a 4,500 mile round trip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    75 yrs old here, we plan for 350-400 miles per day, have done 600 when necessary, but not enjoyable. When we are dead heading (point a to b, no sight seeing in between) we don't unhitch, have the simplest of dinners and breakfasts, don't unpack too much, flush the tanks the night before, and try not to arrive in the dark. Our typical trips are two weeks (wife still employed) and about 2500-3000 mi round trip. Plan so you enjoy the journey and still have time to enjoy the destination, most importantly, enjoy each other.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll usually drive 8 hours/day, wheels up from home at 0600 latest, sometimes 0530. My usual routine is 4 hours, stop, fuel then the remaining 4 hours. Yes the last 30 min is mind over matter if you will. Works well so far and gets me to my destination while it's still early enough to set up in daylight especially in the winter. Leaving the park I'm usually wheels up by 0800 latest. During ski season both ways I much prefer to get on the road early since the weather is hopefully going to be pretty lousy at the destination or there wouldn't be any point in going skiing. Some of you especially @D2Reid can attest to Parley's Summit on the 80.

For the return during ski season I completely prep and hitch the night before so as to not risk having problems bringing in slides and jacks when it's well below freezing and dark in the morning. Since the 310GK has full access to bathroom and bedroom with everything in there isn't any problem with that routine. Just start the truck and leave in the morning. At RV parks near ski resorts most are up very early so nobody seems to care if I pull out at 0600 and there are usually lots of others doing the same.

Warm weather I still like to drive 8 hours a day, wheels up at 0600. Just suits my early morning style I guess. As they say, YMMV.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can run 8 to 10 hours on destination trips (interstate and 4 lane), but as I am getting older it is getting tougher to do. I have learned stop when you get tired. If you end up spacing out mid afternoon find a rest spot. Just don't push it. I have a small tank so lots of rest stops - I take a few minuets and walk around.

Now my Mom and dad (now passed) did the 10 to 3 routeen with lunch. They left at 10, drove no more the 60 mph and stopped at 3. Mom also stopped at every wayside marker and historic point on the way. Drove me nuts as a kid. I loved her totally but muttered about her too.

The important thing is learn your limits. If you get to a camp ground and you exhausted, you drove and hour too far. I am a morning person so I like to get on the road early. Dad liked to sleep in when he could. Be safe. Also teach the better half to drive. I still haven't done that . Learned about her driving habits on our honeymoon - now I always drive. Still need to teach her.
    Be safe in your travels
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast