Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    I know this post was awhile back but was wondering if you still use your Outland firepit?
    Also about how many hours do you burn it at night and how many nights can you get out of a tank of propane?

Thanks.
    We still have the Outland and it is suprisingly good on propane use. I use it more in the cool mornings usually about 4 hours on low and it warms up the screen room pretty darn good ! Also us it in areas the restrict wood ground fires while roadtripping. We have a 20 lb tank just for the pit and never really paid close attetion to how long it lasts with uses being varied but a best guess is with the flame set to low or slightly above we refill it with moderate use about once a month. Using it nightly for several hrs maybe a tank a week. Not even that if you blast it on high flame. It is still cheaper than buying firewood at parks.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We still have the Outland and it is suprisingly good on propane use. I use it more in the cool mornings usually about 4 hours on low and it warms up the screen room pretty darn good ! Also us it in areas the restrict wood ground fires while roadtripping. We have a 20 lb tank just for the pit and never really paid close attetion to how long it lasts with uses being varied but a best guess is with the flame set to low or slightly above we refill it with moderate use about once a month. Using it nightly for several hrs maybe a tank a week. Not even that if you blast it on high flame. It is still cheaper than buying firewood at parks.
    Thanks so much for response. We like the fires but not the smoke so was wondering if it was cost effect to use a propane fire pit. We do not have fires going all the time so it sounds like it will work great for us.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanker24 View Post
    Don't know what the reasoning would be to ban propane fire pits as they are much safer than wood fires. They can be set on mats or wood surfaces no sparks or embers and once u turn it off you don't have to extinguish or babysit it
    A camp host told us once it's because other campers see them and think that fires must be OK so they light their own wood fires. Once again the pinheads ruin it for everyone else.

Also we have a lil red campfire and have an adapter hose to run it off the low pressure port. It works great and is small and light compared to the rest.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    We use a propane fire pit with a 5# bottle. Here in the western U.S. there are frequently wood campfire bans. But the propane pits are allowed. I like the portable bottle so I can place the fire pit in a convenient location away from the trailer. And I really like the lack of smoke.

Jim
    Same for us, I keep a 20lb tank in a milk crate strapped to the Drivers side rear corner of the truck bed.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Here's what we purchased and I carry an extra (actually 2 so I also have one for our gas BBQ) 20 lb propane tank.

https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Red...chef+fire+pits
    This is the same one we use.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123