User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water pump till runs when using water when pump is turned off at control panel

We have a 2019 Imagine 2970. We are hooked up on a FHU site. We notice the water pump still comes on when we run water. This happens even though the water pump is not turned on at the control panel. This never happened before that I noticed. I believe the water pump should not run when you are connected to city water and have the pump turned off. WE alos drained the fresh water tank after we connected to city water.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance the pump is really on but the light doesn't work? Somehow the pump is getting voltage and is coming on. You're going to have to chase that down or just remove the fuse for the pump so it doesn't come on. Either way, you need to determine when there is voltage to the pump.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might have a 2nd switch that is turned on. I have one in my control panel and one on my Natulius panel outside the coach.
    Just a thought.
    2017 Ram 3500 6.7L
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    20K B&W Companion Slider

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken-Karen View Post
    We have a 2019 Imagine 2970. We are hooked up on a FHU site. We notice the water pump still comes on when we run water. This happens even though the water pump is not turned on at the control panel. This never happened before that I noticed. I believe the water pump should not run when you are connected to city water and have the pump turned off. WE alos drained the fresh water tank after we connected to city water.
    As @traveldawg said, if the water pump is running, it is getting power from somewhere and is not turned off. On our Solitude there are two switches for the water pump. One on the control panel inside the trailer and one on the docking station. They are wired so either can turn the pump on or off (so called 3-way). Changing one switch will invert the other switch. You can not just go by the position of one switch (up=on). For example if the outside switch is normally "down" and the inside switch is also "down" the pump is off. If I change the outside switch to up the pump is powered (on). If I also change the inside switch to up (so both are up) the pump is now off (no power). I do not know if your trailer is wired the same.

PS I have seen some trailers where the water pump power indicator light on the control panel is mis-wired (in my opinion) and does not correctly reflect the pump power. I can also imagine the indicator light not working. Bottom line, do not rely completely on the indicator light.
    Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 12-27-2020 at 11:34 AM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your Nautilus for proper configuration.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on the second switch. My Momentum has a manual water pump switch in the water bay, if I turn that on it overrides everything else and turns the water pump on it stays on until I turn that manual switch off. I have bumped it a couple of times unknowingly, drove me crazy the first time.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750