User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Honda Generator

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    So, since my Honda EU2000i is parallel capable and my new Westinghouse is also, can I connect them with the appropriate parallel kit for added power?

Honda says no.

I have read of people doing it It is your money. Do you feel lucky? **** Well do you?
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, since my Honda EU2000i is parallel capable and my new Westinghouse is also, can I connect them with the appropriate parallel kit for added power?
    Unlikely. You need to run the same inverter scheme is both units. So, that generally equates to one manufacturer of different sized models. Now if you're a electronics enthusiast, EE, or similar, a bit of work with an oscilloscope could have you draw another conclusions yourself.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We own 2 Honda 2000i , One is a regular 2000i and The other one is meant to be a companion which has a 30 amp twist lock On it. When we only need the refrigerator toaster and light duty things we only use one generator one and need to use a air conditioner we have to run both of our generators in parallel there is a kit that you can buy which will connect both generators you will also need to as mentioned before a reducer from 50 amp to 30 amp. However for now you only have one generator so you’ll need to have a reducer from 50 amp to 15/20 amp. It’s probably a couple of ways you can do this but you must not run your air conditioner wwhile just running you’re single 2200i Honda. We love our Honda’s and they are very quiet specially in Econo mode.You may want to run your air conditioner especially in areas where it gets hot there in the summer you will need at least a 3500 to 4000 W generator and you can only run one air conditioner with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, for once my timing was perfect. As soon as I received the email from Lowe's I ordered. Came in a day early and I did curb side pickup. Love the remote start, and its pretty quiet to boot. I just looked at the Lowe's site and they're out of stock, again. Still breaking mine in. The extended handle is hands over feet of trying to move the Predator around. If I can help it mine will never see gas. Going synthetic on the first oil change.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eco Mode:
    Be careful running AC in ECO mode.
    I did some measurements and voltage drops way low when either or both units are in ECO mode.
    Probably not good for the AC compressor over long haul.
    I thought if one was not in ECO it might be OK but response to load of AC is too short.

Tim in NC (EE so I know a bit about in rush currents)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinICT View Post
    Wow, for once my timing was perfect. As soon as I received the email from Lowe's I ordered. Came in a day early and I did curb side pickup. Love the remote start, and its pretty quiet to boot. I just looked at the Lowe's site and they're out of stock, again. Still breaking mine in. The extended handle is hands over feet of trying to move the Predator around. If I can help it mine will never see gas. Going synthetic on the first oil change.
    Yah, I had to order my iGen4500DF through eBay and pay a bit more for it; it was listed as either out of stock (with no estimated re-stock date) or on back order until June! Mine is to be delivered tomorrow, so I hope to break it in over the weekend.
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concerning Lowe's, did you sign up for the automatic notification once it became available?

Turned out that the seller I ordered from via eBay sent me the gas-only model instead of the dual fuel model he had listed. Now I'm going through the process of either exchange or refund. The seller is offering me to keep the gas-only model of the iGen4500 for half price, so that's about $650. Looks like Lowe's has it for $950...and Amazon has it for $920...I am tempted to keep it for $650. Thoughts? How much benefit is there with the propane option?
    Last edited by MJMCCAND; 04-05-2021 at 08:11 AM.
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concerning Lowe's, did you sign up for the automatic notification once it became available?

Turned out that the seller I ordered from via eBay sent me the gas-only model instead of the dual fuel model he had listed. Now I'm going through the process of either exchange or refund. The seller is offering me to keep the gas-only model of the iGen4500 for half price, so that's about $650. Looks like Lowe's has it for $950...and Amazon has it for $920...I am tempted to keep it for $650. Thoughts? How much benefit is there with the propane option?
    I use propane for short duration hookups of a couple hours. The generator goes through a 20 lb tank fairly quickly
    I use gas for the 18 hr runs .

Since I have extensive solar and good batteries to capture the electricity our generator is used mainly for air conditioning when necessary. Helps also almost everything is now LED and even our fans are the same low draw 12 volt ones ( Caframo) we use on our 35 ft sailboat. Helps to use efficient electrical stuff when boondocking. We can easily spend one week off grid without the generator in a shady spot not running a generator unless we need air conditioning.

The propane feature is a good one as we don’t worry if we forgot to top off our 5 gallon gas jug.

We’ve been extremely happy with our IGen 4500. It has made our old Honda kind of useless. Thought about selling it, but not yet.
    No one talks about it much , but in our regular house we’ve experienced 3 day to one week power grid interruptions during named storms and a couple of deracheos. It’s nice to know now we can power at least the refrigerator and a couple rooms with our IGen4500 if we have to.
    I would not want to try and do that with a bunch of Hooked up Honda’s I had to refill every 6 hours especially in the heart of the storm. We used it once that way already.
    Last edited by RV Sailor; 04-05-2021 at 08:59 AM.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I did and Walmart too. Received notification from both the same day they were in stock. Bought from Lowe's because of the vet discount, and, Lowe's provides vet parking too. Nice perk, right out the door.

As for gas, when I broke in my Predator, which will be for sale, I didn't like the fumes from the exhaust and it made my shed smell like a gas station. Have a lawn mower in there too and it never smelled so strong.

The WH is broken in now and just because, I replaced the LG spark plug with the Champion. Read somewhere the LG plug tends to fail.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I did and Walmart too. Received notification from both the same day they were in stock. Bought from Lowe's because of the vet discount, and, Lowe's provides vet parking too. Nice perk, right out the door.

As for gas, when I broke in my Predator, which will be for sale, I didn't like the fumes from the exhaust and it made my shed smell like a gas station. Have a lawn mower in there too and it never smelled so strong.

The WH is broken in now and just because, I replaced the LG spark plug with the Champion. Read somewhere the LG plug tends to fail.
    I called Westinghouse today and they could not provide an estimate on when the the dual fuel models would be back in stock. We're planning a boondocking trip for early May, so I may have to go with the gas-only model. Glad to read it's been a good unit for you so far...I've read pretty glowing reviews about this generator several places...

Thanks.
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast