User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done couple of small changes to our 31MB so far. In the pantry, I removed the 3 lower shelves and installed a closet rod. I also can hang the broom and dust pan in there now. Galvanized steal door latch originally protruded from the door jamb to much, catching the side of the door, and making it hard to close and open. I removed it, flattened it, and moved it to the left so the door does not have to be pushed on hard to close. I still have a good seal with the door closed. (Pic was taken before I redrilled new holes to left of the originals and installed the screws in the new holes.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails door latch.jpg   camper 1.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just spent a week in the mountains of NC/TN. I'm towing a 31MB with a F350 SRW Diesel and our gain is set to 6.0, seemed solid to me. You have your engine brake set to Auto right?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the engine brake turned on. Is there a break in period for these brakes? It's almost like there is grease on the brakes. Wheels on the front axle of the trailer are mostly clean, wheels on the rear axle have what seams to be grease spots all over them. I also noticed under fairly hard acceleration that my transmission slipped when shifting a couple times. been thinking about getting a five-star programmer the firm up the shifts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually set the brakes on the trailer, grab the gain slider and if the truck doesn’t roll forward I start there after putting in drive that’s where I start. As the brakes heat up or cool down or things change I adjust from there.

Funny thing is my heavier trailer required less gain than my lighter 5er because of the brake adjustments were different from the factory (not by much).

Unfortunately you could have 2 of the same trailers with different gains on the same truck based on how they were set up.

Anyway my way isn’t perfect but it’s a good starting point for me. Hope you get it figured out and safe travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on the 31MB we purchased in June. Had a great summer of camping, basically every other weekend. Only problem with the 31MB was the barn door. It liked to break loose from the snap strap that is supposed to hold it in place while we were driving. Ended up just putting a couple of clamps on the rail in front of the wheels, and that did the trick. As far as the trailer brakes, they got better, and are working good now.
    2021 GD 31MB; 2022 F350 Rapid Red, Lariat Ultimate Package, CCSB, 4x4, 6.7 Powerstroke, B&W 20K Patriot slider

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a ‘21 31MB as well. Purchased back in July. I have to bump up the gain on the brakes to 8-8.5 to notice it helping at all.. pulling with a Ram 2500 gasser (envious of those engine brakes!).

Of note as well, I just picked our rig up after having some warranty work done. Mostly cosmetic stuff inside, but we did have to get some fiberglass work done on the front cap where a screw was almost protruding through up by the roof seam. Our entry steps were also installed wrong at the factory, causing them to bind on the door step. And let me say, very impressed with the warranty! Our dealer was happy to help, a tip of the hat to both the dealership and Grand Design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1967 View Post
    Update on the 31MB we purchased in June. Had a great summer of camping, basically every other weekend. Only problem with the 31MB was the barn door. It liked to break loose from the snap strap that is supposed to hold it in place while we were driving. Ended up just putting a couple of clamps on the rail in front of the wheels, and that did the trick. As far as the trailer brakes, they got better, and are working good now.
    Wife saw a solution for barn door of pool noodle cut and sliced to slide of the track of the barn door.

Run 4.5 gain on ours, stock brake controller and exhaust brake and never felt brakes were an issue with our setup. Have about 600mi on our triailer and will check brakes/wiring while I pull tires for temp sensor install in the next month while its parked.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m about to pull the trigger on buying a 31MB, but notice some 2021’s advertise 80gal freshwater tanks, some 60gal. The GD website lists 80, their brochure on the same website lists 60. Also I’m noticing some differences in 2021 graphics on the front cap on dealer websites. There’s now a change to the Solid Steps too. Anyone know what build month these changes occurred? Any other Easter eggs on the same model year?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1967 View Post
    Hi. We are picking up a 2021 31MB next week. Also getting a Patriot 18K slider installed in my 2016 F350 CCSB diesel. How many batteries are people running in these? At most, we would be dry camping for 3 nights, and that not very often. We usually leave home with the fresh water tank filled. I noticed that the fresh tank is behind the axle. Anyone have experience pulling this with the fresh tank full, and nothing in the black or grey tanks? I believe the fresh water tank holds 60 gallons, so about 500 pounds. Thanks!
    See if you can get the dealer to install 2 6V Golf cart batteries. 6V batteries are much more hardy than 12V batteries ans have more amp hours for the same size battery.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AUImagine View Post
    I’m about to pull the trigger on buying a 31MB, but notice some 2021’s advertise 80gal freshwater tanks, some 60gal. The GD website lists 80, their brochure on the same website lists 60. Also I’m noticing some differences in 2021 graphics on the front cap on dealer websites. There’s now a change to the Solid Steps too. Anyone know what build month these changes occurred? Any other Easter eggs on the same model year?
    Took delivery of our 21’ 31MB last week, ordered in December. Has the new Moryde flip tread steps and a Furion on-demand water heater. The steps are nice other than you can not lock the treads in place. I am worried my toddler will play with them and pinch a finger so I will be using a zip tie when set up. The water heater is a nice “upgrade” if you don’t mind using propane and a little wasted water waiting for the hot to flow.
    Last edited by Wildersgetmarried2018; 04-06-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast