User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rubber band my monitor to my rear view mirror. I alway got intermittent reception. So I put a taller antenna on the camera (had to beef up the support for it) and now mount my monitor upside down with the antenna pointed vertically downward rather than folded against the monitor horizontally. It helps.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Thanks for the info.

BTW I'm convinced the signal dropping at speed is due to the Doppler effect. Since the faster you go, the further the relative distance from the rear transmitter to the receiver up front. The transmission frequency drops below expected digital range and receiver cuts off reception because it is perceived as interference. If it was an analog signal it would just get snowy, but digital just cuts off. Hopefully the taller antennas will help provide more "power" from the transmitter and overcome the weak digital signal at speed. I guess we will see. Please report back. Thanks!
    Better look for a different explanation. Since both the transmitter and receiver are going the same speed and direction, there is no "doppler effect". And, since you are dealing with essentially light, the comparatively very slow speed has almost unmeasurable effect to an outside observer, anyway - or you could never listen to the radio when moving.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll have to agree to disagree because the monitor and transmitter are moving at the same speed but the split second the transmitter sends out a wave the monitor is then moving away. Just like one boat towing another boat, the wave from the rear boat has trouble catching the front boat. Low end example but the same thing.

As far as radio, the signal receivers are designed to accept slightly varied frequency were as the digital signal in the monitor system requires a very specific frequency and apparently doesn't like variations.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree because the monitor and transmitter are moving at the same speed but the split second the transmitter sends out a wave the monitor is then moving away. Just like one boat towing another boat, the wave from the rear boat has trouble catching the front boat. Low end example but the same thing.

As far as radio, the signal receivers are designed to accept slightly varied frequency were as the digital signal in the monitor system requires a very specific frequency and apparently doesn't like variations.
    Interesting theory.... Since it only happens when I am driving I might actually subscribe to this theory. I caught my self looking at extending the antenna to the front of the camper. If I get bored maybe I'll try that. It's fine when I'm stopped and only happens at speed when it drops the signal so I usually don't need it then; and it only goes out for a second or two.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234