User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had additional stop/turn/brake lights added also. I wanted them up higher......in their face (so they will hopefully see them even when they're texting) and so the second and third cars back can see them, also.

Here it is with running lights on....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5677.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	14286

And here it is with the brakes on.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5678.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	14287
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JCZ, I think from your earlier posts about this, that the Momentum had a wider sidewall construction where the Reflection is narrow above the rear tables. This made fishing wires more difficult. I don't know if a solution was ever found. Would be nice to have those higher lights.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Some thoughts on what does not work . . .

I was going to come at this visibility problem with a Centre High Mount Stop Light (CHMSL) as is common on most cars and trucks. But, I discovered that this will not work. Our trailers have "two wire" tail lights, meaning that there is one circuit for the running light filament and the other circuit is for both brakes and turn signal. The truck flashes the brake light signal when both brakes and turn signal are on. So, there is no way to isolate just the brake circuit.

There is a "2 wire to 3 wire" conversion box to separate the turn and brake circuits . . . but this requires tail lights that also have three circuits instead of two. I still like the CHMSL idea . . . but it will have to come with new 3 wire tail lights too.

WRT LED bulbs. I purchased 1157 LED equivalents and found them to be far less bright than the original incandescent tail light bulbs. There are many different kinds of LED bulbs . . . so maybe the ones I tried weren't the best . . . but check their brightness vs the original before assuming that LEDs will be brighter.

Rob
    I bought the ones for my TRUCK at retro solutions and they are super bright! Haven’t done the camper yet, but will eventually.

Really like the triple tails shown above.

I got the same fast blink that Jim is referring to as well. If you have a Ford, you can download Forscan for free (windows only), buy a OBD2->USB cord off amazon for $20, and actually go in and change the parameters for your lights. You can change a lot more too like tire size, TPMS settings etc.

I’m sure this would work for your issue Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If LEDs are messing with the truck or fast blinking then you need a resistor wired in the circuit. Had to do that on my FJ Cruiser.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Additional Tail Lights

Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    If LEDs are messing with the truck or fast blinking then you need a resistor wired in the circuit. Had to do that on my FJ Cruiser.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    That causes unnecessary heat build up. I originally bought these and then found out about forscan for the ford trucks. Plus it was about the same cost for the cord.

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadandMel View Post
    ...and then found out about forscan for the ford trucks.
    WOW--thank you. I had not heard of FORScan. A quick Google search later and I'm stoked! Can't wait to tinker with the settings. According to a post at https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4866 FORScan will work with my '17 F-350. (Autofold mirrors with key fob lock button? Oh yeah, I'm interested.)

Here's a couple of links for the curious: https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forsc...7/#post4791312 which led me to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...gF1wxIqxY/edit
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    WOW--thank you. I had not heard of FORScan. A quick Google search later and I'm stoked! Can't wait to tinker with the settings. According to a post at https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4866 FORScan will work with my '17 F-350. (Autofold mirrors with key fob lock button? Oh yeah, I'm interested.)

Here's a couple of links for the curious: https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forsc...7/#post4791312 which led me to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...gF1wxIqxY/edit
    You can change a lot.

Bambi mode which keeps the fog lights on with high beams.

Stealth mode (I think it’s called) where if you have push button start, jump out at the store and leave it running, it won’t shift out of park unless the fob is in the truck.

You can change the background on the stereo display.

Enable remote start if you don’t have it (still have to buy the hardware) but saves you a trip to the dealer.

All kinds of fun stuff. Jump over to power stroke army forum and search for it. Guys literally have lists of all the changes and shortcuts how to do them. Great forum too.

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    I wonder how high you can go without hitting an obstruction?
    My assumption is that the studs in the wall are vertical; except maybe where the window is. But you know what they say about assumptions....

After I removed the bottom light assembly (the original one) I ran a fish-tape up as far as the next light and proceeded to drill the hole for the light; then did the same for the top light.

I think you could remove the existing light and see how far up you can run a fish-tape (or something similar) and find out how high you can go.

One interesting note... on the left side (drivers side) the hole is just to the right of a vertical aluminum stud.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a drawing of the back wall that was sent to me when I was installing my back-up camera. As usual GD was more than helpful and the engineer was more than happy to email it to me. I have it on my work computer. Not sure if I should post it here or just send it to those interested. Maybe one of the Moderators can direct me in the right direction. It is for the Reflection 337 5th wheel, ours is a 2014.

I would like to add more visibility to the rear of ours also.

Jim
    Jim and Cal
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Ram 3500 5.9

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campinfool View Post
    I have a drawing of the back wall that was sent to me when I was installing my back-up camera. As usual GD was more than helpful and the engineer was more than happy to email it to me. I have it on my work computer. Not sure if I should post it here or just send it to those interested. Maybe one of the Moderators can direct me in the right direction. It is for the Reflection 337 5th wheel, ours is a 2014.

I would like to add more visibility to the rear of ours also.

Jim
    Jim - This is a difficult question. GDRV does not “publish” any of their drawings but will sometimes break their own rules to help individual owners. Unless GDRV gives you specific permission, this drawing should not be published on this forum (as much as we would all like to have it ). If you choose to privately share it, that is between you and whomever. If someone wants this drawing, please contact Jim by private message.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast