User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only complaint with Ford is the turning radius. Couldn't believe it when they took away the wide body front end option away from the F350 dually. They may be trying to push people into the F450
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    My only complaint with Ford is the turning radius. Couldn't believe it when they took away the wide body front end option away from the F350 dually. They may be trying to push people into the F450
    Love my wide axle on my f450. Turns tighter than my wife's edge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Turning radius was terrible in my F350 single rear wheel.
    2023 Ram 2500 Mega diesel
    2023 Imagine 2910
    Gone but not forgotten:
    2018 Imagine 2400BH - with chaise lounge

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mageorge View Post
    I currently have a Ram, but would probably get a Ford next. Nothing really wrong with either but I like the adaptive cruise on Fords, and I may be wrong about this but our Ford Edge we have regular gps updates, where my ram I would have to pay to update. Both are quiet rides. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Maybe different in Canada where I live, but I asked the dealer just days ago if there was an update for the GPS on our 2017 F350 and was told yes, but it costs "hundreds of dollars".

@Camper4871 I'm very pleased with the F-350, already got 57K km / 35K miles on it with no issues. Pulls effortlessly, drives like a car even with the trailer on it, very comfortable, and (Platinum version) has really great options (cameras, cruise control, monitoring) for pulling trailers.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all of you for your comments and experience.

I like some things about all of them and think, unless I am unlucky and get a lemon, either will generally work pretty well.

It is going to come down to:
    1. Price
    2. The dealer (proximity, service, etc); and
    3. Which one the wife likes best.

I'll know, and report, in a couple days I think.

I am anxious to get this part done so we can move on to getting our hands on a Grand Design and getting out there!!

John

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see everyone remained civilized in what usually would be a slugfest! So many good things to say about all of them. I've owned GM, Ford and Chrysler products. Love the seats in both the GM and Fords I have owned. Seemed to be the cushier style. The seats in my Chrysler products have always been stiff. In all these cases I am talking about leather seats. I'm thinking Chrysler does this intentionally in an effort for seat longevity. Go look at the seats of a GM product that's had a decent amount of seat time and you'll find that the left seat pad is worn due sliding out of the seat. I don't have enough seat time in my Fords to say if they will do the same. They are very comfortable though. I owned a 2004 Silverado 1500 and it was a nice truck. Super comfortable and did everything I needed it to do. Was a bit lackluster in the power department but I wasn't looking to win any races or pulling contests. I owned it for 9 years and got tired of the same basic look. In 2013 I leased a new Ram 1500 and was extremely happy with that truck. Because of the features found in the Ram I've stuck mostly to the Chrysler brand of products. I know these things come down to personal preference but I like the styling of Ram trucks the best. I love the interior layout. The 7" EVIC gauge cluster is great. The 8.4" screen in the center stack is easy to see and use. Storage compartments galore! I loved that the key fobs could be linked to personal settings. Walk up to the door, put your hand around the handle and the settings adjust to the linked fob. My Ford SUVs have linked fobs but they never seem to adjust settings. Have to press the memory setting in the vehicle to get them to change. Lots of other interior features I love too but the other guys have them too. As far as the exterior goes, I love the Megacab. Apparently so do many other people where I live because about every 3rd HD Ram truck I see is a Megacab. I really like my Ramboxes too. It's nice to have a place to put tools where they don't rattle in the cab or roll around in the truck bed. Air suspension is a nice factory feature too. It's a bit more functional in the 1500s than the HDs but still serves a decent purpose. When my family decided to get a fifthwheel and we needed a big truck to pull it, there was no doubt it was going to be a Ram. I felt I could get more bang for my buck going with Ram. I went gas so I also benefit from MDS for fuel economy and the bump in payload capacity. My in laws bought an F350 that compares to the trim level of my Ram. It's a nice truck but it seems plain to me both inside and out. I do like the seats and ride quality though over my Ram. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Good luck in your search.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve driven Ford trucks since 1991 and have been well served them. We have a residential remodeling business here in the Greater Louisville Kentucky area and with two Ford plants in town having company lettered Ford trucks is the only way to go. I am definitely proud of our hometown and it’s long time affiliation with Ford Motor Company. The Super Duty trucks are built here at one of the plants so even more pride on that one.

We have several Ford trucks/vans on the road and they are reliable day in/day out. As is typical all but mine are employee operated and employees tend not to drive a company owned vehicle as they would their own. Between the heavy towing and heavy payloads our guys really put these vehicle to the test.

Ok so now that I have gotten the pro-Ford stuff out of my system, I will say that all three domestic brands seem to have made great strides in the past few years in regards to features, capacities, reliability, etc. You should consider your needs, drive all three and make the decision that is best for you and your family. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123