User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convection microwave.

Hey has anyone with the convection microwave done any cooking with the convection? My wife and I were out this past week and tried to toast some bread (didn’t have a toaster). Well it didn’t quite work but made us wonder what can you cook in a convection oven?
    Any ideas are welcome.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quick answer is anything you can cook in a conventional oven. We've cooked meatloaf, biscuits, casserole's, etc... The only thing I'd add is use the turntable. In ours, there is a cooler (relatively speaking) spot in the left rear corner. Odd for a convection but may be because of it's small size.

John

Edited to add... The only difference between a convection and conventional oven is the convection has a blower to circulate the heat. It's supposed to cook faster and more evenly.
    Last edited by LV Naturist; 12-31-2020 at 09:37 PM.
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use it but my wife does and loves it. She gave up on the oven because it took so long to cook with.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife cooks and bakes everything in our convection microwave. We use the gas oven for storage.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCarr View Post
    Hey has anyone with the convection microwave done any cooking with the convection? My wife and I were out this past week and tried to toast some bread (didn’t have a toaster). Well it didn’t quite work but made us wonder what can you cook in a convection oven?
    Any ideas are welcome.
    We've not used the Convection Oven in our coach yet, however, my wife likes to cook frozen fish and chicken in the one at home. Basically the Convection Oven is just like a regular oven except it has a fan inside to move the hot air around your food. Anything you can cook in a conventional oven you can cook in a Convection Oven. The key to cooking with the Convection Oven is to realize that it cooks food faster than a conventional oven. Additionally, there is not as much heat given off a Convection Oven as you would with a conventional oven.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we had one, we found it was best to 'preheat' it. I'm sure every model is different. We baked cookies, cakes, chicken and such in it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took our entire stove out and put in an induction cooktop so I use the the convection oven exclusively. There is nothing I can’t cook on it...from turkeys to cakes. As the above poster commented-you MUST preheat.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    As the above poster commented-you MUST preheat.
    Could you please explain exactly what you mean by preheat? As in, you preheat to “break in” a new microwave or you preheat to warmup the microwave before each use? I don’t understand.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    Could you please explain exactly what you mean by preheat?
    It's just like a regular oven. You set the temperature and wait for the temp inside the microwave to get to the set temperature prior to putting food in to bake.

When you bake cookies in your oven at home, you don't put them in a cold oven, right? You pre-heat it first!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^Okay, that is what I thought. I'm still learning about a "convection" microwave and was not aware that it could actually be preheated like that.

Thanks again,
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast