User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 2600RB from Tom Schaeffer's in Shoemakersville, Pa. at the end of January this year. One of their reps is a helpful hand on this forum. I was presented with options for extended warranties and other treatments. Once I said I wasn't interested the conversation moved on. I signed a statement saying I had been offered the extended warranties but that I had declined them. I had a good experience at this dealership overall from my initial contact with Gabby in sales and then the techs who walked us through the inspection. We bypassed closer dealerships to drive 160 miles each way from Long Island to pick up our TT and I'm glad we did. Just my 2 cents.
    Long Island, New York

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We drove about 1000km to pick up our 303. When talking with the finance person she asked if we were interested in extended warranties etc. We said no thanks and we were done in her office within about 10 minutes.
    After the PDI, the tech told us for the next two years if we are within 500km of their dealership, they will send a mobile tech out to fix warrant-able items free of charge. I'm not likely to be within 500km of them very often, but I thought it was a nice feature of buying there.
    I'm amazed at how badly some of you have been treated at your dealer.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve bought 62 new cars and only 2 new travel trailers. I have never bought any products pitched by F&I guys.

The Lazy Days F&I guy in Tampa was absolutely the pushiest and worst I’ve ever experienced. When I bought our 2800BH in early January 2016, I remember him bragging that he was flying to DC with a few friends in a private jet to go to Trump’s inauguration. His office was decorated with MAGA posters and a few MAGA hats behind his desk. He was trying to impress us I guess. My wife and I are both experienced pilots, long time aircraft owners with thousand of hours flight time each so we were not impressed.

After me saying no thank you multiple times he tried to work my wife against me trying to get her to convince me that it was unsafe without his special wax job, tire warranty, extended warranty etc for only $7,500. Then when he moved onto financing I refused his finance rates and told him I’ll just write a personal check he said I needed a cashiers check. I then told him just put it on my credit card. No go. He said he only could put $2,000 on the card and the rest as a cashiers check. When I got up to walk out he agreed to accept personal check only going through their verification system.

Like I said, the worst F&I experience ever.

Three months later we traded the 2800BH in on a 337RLS I told the sales rep if the F&I guy tried to sell me anything I was walking out. He didn’t try to sell me anything and he had no problem accepting a personal check.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cash is king and gives you more power and leverage!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    This is correct within a private sale but completely false at a dealership

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar experience as Jerry, when we couldn’t agree on terms cause he wanted us to finance we left. Got a call before we got home that they would take the deal

things have probably changed a bit but i always found that in most situations the place selling something usually needs the sale more than i need the product or service.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really, we wanted to pay cash on our last purchase and the dealer said it would be more as they make a commission on the finance with banks. He said its an open loan and to just pay it off right after.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar experience as Jerry, when we couldn’t agree on terms cause he wanted us to finance we left. Got a call before we got home that they would take the deal

things have probably changed a bit but i always found that in most situations the place selling something usually needs the sale more than i need the product or service.
    In today’s market I guarantee they wouldn’t be calling you back unless it was a dud unit they couldn’t sell
    My dealer wasn’t concerned about me buying because they had others waiting in line

And dealers have always hated cash. Just in the car business I have made commissions over 1000.00 from banks. I am sure there is plenty more to be made in the rv industry as the interest can be as high as the principal. Plus having loads of cash around is an unwanted trip to the bank to secure it

Cash is definitely not king

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NB Canada is 100% correct. Cash is definitely not King. Banks make deals with dealerships that send them business. Whether it's a percentage point or a set amount per transaction, or some other arrangement, that's between the dealer and bank. A dealership always wants the sale to be financed so they make extra money on the back end of the sale. That's why if you have prearranged financing through your credit union or you plan on paying cash, you don't divulge that information until an agreed upon sale price is completed. The idea of telling a dealer "I'm a cash buyer" will get you a better deal is not true. That might have been the case many years ago but now now.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt about it. You can usually save a few $'s by financing through the dealership. When I bought my camper they claimed that I would have to hold the loan for 6 months. The interest on $30,000 over 6 months can cut deeply into any money saved so I immediately paid $25,000 on the loan and spent the next few months paying off the remaining 5k with very little interest.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast